Enqueue/Enqueue after

l300lvl

Enqueue/Enqueue after

Post by l300lvl »

I know this is a bit beyond the functionality of this or average players but I was thinking it would be useful to have for example the ability to choose Enqueue/Enqueue After from the Now Playing playlist itself, so for example if one song is playing and the song you want to enqueue is on the playlist but is 20 songs down it would remove it and add it to the top essentially 'bumping' the track to the top of the queue.
anonbeat

Enqueue/Enqueue after

Post by anonbeat »

you can drag the file to the position you want but its interesting to move it to be next track.
anonbeat

Enqueue/Enqueue after

Post by anonbeat »

This have been implemented in svn rev 1678

Please test it and let me know

Thanks for your help
l300lvl

Enqueue/Enqueue after

Post by l300lvl »

I'm assuming somethings changed but heres where I'm at. I updated using svn update etc, buildd...sudo make install. Closed and reopened, and now I'm a bit frustrated. It updated to 0.3.4-1679 and I'm gonna play with it as it seems other things have changed too, but so far its taken all my settings and my entire library.

I can try to restore my library if you want me to just for testing, as I do have a back up, but for now I'm readding everything just for testing purposes. I guess the only question is does rev 1679 have the same added feature, I've yet to test as it took my library...and does the removal of all layouts and the library etc seem normal for the new revision or is that a bug? Can I retrieve my old layouts from a backup even??
l300lvl

Enqueue/Enqueue after

Post by l300lvl »

Okay I probably hadn't updated in a while, I see now you've been doing a lot of work/made a few changed to the layout. So I went ahead and learned how to update and rescan my library and than covers etc and it kept the paths I just had to update pretty much. I configured a new layout and saved it, and all seems well so far.

"Set as next track" is exactly what I was looking for, and it's already been of use! :D

The only thing I can see needing work is removing it from the currently playing track, just as a means of 'pollishing' the play, but it's really no bother seeing it there to me lol.

I also wanted to say I like some of the changes that have been made, except for one in particular. The library search function used to be a 'view' as in it could be moved around, and now I see it is stuck as the top. While it isn't the biggest dilemma perhaps you could at least give an option of moving the entire 'search/view panel' to the bottom or even add the ability to move it like you would the other panes? It was very useful to be able to have the search box over by the now playing playlist for example right below it.
anonbeat

Enqueue/Enqueue after

Post by anonbeat »

The old layouts are not compatible with the new interface and should not be used in the new version.
I will try to remove this option for the current selected track. Thanks for the observation.

I decided to put the search field at this place because I think makes the interface more compact and saves space. Even if you dont need it that space will left black because the buttons need to be there. Now you only have one search box for all the views which also saves space and makes sense because you will only have one view active at the same time.
l300lvl

Enqueue/Enqueue after

Post by l300lvl »

Thanks for that but I only meant it would be nice to be able to move the search box to a different area so it's easier to get to when we want to search, for instance moving the whole panel to the bottom with all of the other options. I don't want to remove the search function as I use it, just make it easier to access for instance not having to move the cursor so far on big screens.

I do like the new layout though and the changes have certainly made it more compact