2 suggestions (external devices related)

ignasigarcia

2 suggestions (external devices related)

Post by ignasigarcia »

First, I must say the more I use Guayadeque the more it amazes me. Second, I'm an avid ipod user (though I would never use iTunes even if there was a native linux version). Third, I have a large music library (more than 3000 albums) and I like to keep it tag-perfect. These are the reasons I'd like to ask/suggest for some features. They're probably not top priority, but they are useful, IMHO:

1.- In order to prevent song duplication to external devices, songs/albums in the computer library that also exist in external devices show a distinctive mark so we know we already have them in our ipod, external hard drive, etc. Another way to approach it could be warning the user when a song with exactly the same tags is being transferred to an external device. This could be an improvement over the duplication detection feature already suggested.

2.- Support for compilation tag. When I transfer a compilation album to my ipod it does not go to the compilation menu. I have to launch gtkpod and mark the album as a compilation. I'm not sure how this works, but I guess it must be some kind of tag.

Thanks for considering it, and thank you so much for Guayadeque.

Ignacio