Import folder INTO library structure

Hairybiker

Post by Hairybiker »

Can we have the option to copy music into the library folder rather than adding additional folders.
I.e. I want (mostly have) all my music under a folder called cd's, but I want to be able to add new music into my existing structure without requiring the use of external programs.
at the mo it looks like it will add to the library by adding the new folder (where ever it is) but not copying the music to the library or am I missing something?
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

If for example you already have cds folder in your library you can just add a new folder with new music into that folder and update the library. The new music will be added then to the library.
If you want to copy to the music folder with a certain structure and let guayadeque do it you can use the Copy to function to do it. You can use the File browser tab to navigate to where you have the files and then use the Copy To function to copy the files to the music library folder.

Thanks for your help
Hairybiker

Post by Hairybiker »

Thanks I was looking for an import function not the copy to.
Will look into that.
Hairybiker

Post by Hairybiker »

Just tried it, selected some mp3's ran them through Music B*. Then selected Copy-to and my default selection ({g}/{a}/{b}/{n} - {t}) and it then opened a folder selection so I selected my library and it crashed.

What did I do wrong?
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Can you do a backtrace ? looks like you did it the right way.
Hairybiker

Post by Hairybiker »

Ok with tracing on it doesn't crash ;-(
Will investigate further. Maybe the folder/file existed ?
Hairybiker

Post by Hairybiker »

I still think it would be easier if you could say click on "import into library", rather than this laborious process of Copy to/Select format/select folder.
Just my 2p's worth.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Yes but at this point that functionality is not implemented but you can do it with that steps.

In the new version I'm working on right now you can associate a Copy To format to the library and this will be used when you select Import to library or just drop a folder or tracks to the library pane.

Also the new version also will have a configurable location for the copy to options so you can have 'Ask destination' or a predefined folder in every Copy to options.

Thanks for your help
Hairybiker

Post by Hairybiker »

Look forward to new version then.
Thanks for the development so far.