bit perfect and digital output

rawdlite

Post by rawdlite »

Congratulations,
guayadeque has greatly improved and has become my favourite audioplayer (and i tested a few).
To me it represents a well balanced set of the best features in a nice gui.
Great work!

Unfortunately there is one mayor issue. I cant play my dts encoded waw files.
This is obviously an issue with gstreamer, still afaik not supporting digital output via spdif.
Furthermore the output is not bit perfect, a imo requierement for an audiophile player.
Would you consider to support additionally another sound architecture?
This could be mplayer or Xine or anything that supports spdif passthrough.
From experience i know, that the use of the softvolume option in mplayer excludes the spdif passthrough.
When i manage to login into ideatorrent i will elaborate there.

This leads to the next issue, multi genre tags. Yes again ;-)
The possibilty to set search filters "contains genre" helps a lot. But since guayadeque is not my only player (see above), i would like to use the label system (which is great btw) for this.
Now here are two more requests:
1. Make the Label system hierarchical (add Label folders)
2. Provide an automated Transferskript (leave the first genre and transfer any extra genre to an Label)
With the Folder structure we could then have something like:
- electronica
|- minimal
|- big beat
|- trip hop
etc.

Finaly and this is the least important one, i would like to append a song to the playlist from a filemanager.
I tried the mpris interface, but failed.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

What do you mean by hierarchical labels? The whole point of labels is that you don't have a fixed structure.
In your example, if you add the label "big beat" then should the label "electronica" also be added automatically if it's not present?
The concept of labels is used in by many software dealing with collections but I haven't seen any that implements what you want.
rawdlite

Post by rawdlite »

I totally agree with you that the whole point of labels is to get around a fixed structure. This is what makes labels such a versatile tool.
OTOH when using more than 50 labels, the interface starts becoming cluttered and difficult to use.
To make myself clearer i will avoid the term folder and use cluster instead.
A label could be part of more than one cluster (container class).
By creating label clusters you can navigate through your labels more easily.
A cluster (a container of labels and maybe even other cluster) can be addressed like a label. So when i choose the "electronica" cluster in a filter search it should result in all the containing labels. Whether it will be possible to see from a song what clusters it is in, is up to you. I would not need this view and think it is to much overhead.

This could imo be a very elegant solution to the multiple genre (and artist) dilemma.
Eventually one could build a tree of clusters, circle references have to be avoided of course.

Sorry, ideatorrent does not work for me somehow.
So i created a couple of requests in the tracker in order to get my requests structured.
1. Soundarchitecture that supports SPDIF Passthrough
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d ... id=1126448
(This is most important to me)

2. Multiple Tags to Labels

3. Clustered Labels
rawdlite

Post by rawdlite »

I just wrote a little ruby script that transforms minor genres into labels.
So this fixes issue Nr 2 for me, but leaves me with 190 labels for genres.
Now when i want to use labels to indicate different moods etc. t would be nice to have an extra labelset for that. This would make navigating in the library view column easier.
I hope this clarifies what i mean by hierachical labels.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

It's clear now, thanks.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

I want to add support for other audio engines like VLC, mplayer, xine... but will not come in the next release.

I will try to do testing adding hierachical labels but if there is a penalty in performance I will drop the idea and keep the simple ones.

Thanks for your help
rawdlite

Post by rawdlite »

Thanks, that sounds very good.