Add media to play list when double or middle click folder

gunwald

Post by gunwald »

May be it would be nice to change the file browsers behavior: I would like it to add any media of a folder and its subfolder double clicking it in the file browser. Or may be it would be avoid con-fusion if middle click is used for this. How ever, I think it would be nice to provide a quick and easy way to add all media of one folder. What do you think?

Regards
Gunwald
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Double click is expand the folder so it will be unusual is something else is done. It can bebe used the middle click or a combination of Ctrl Click or Shift Click but if you need to use the keyboard there are already shortcuts for that actions so I think the middle click can be a better option

Thanks for your help
gunwald

Post by gunwald »

Yes, I thought the same. But to expand the folder you could also click the arrows. But middle click seams to be at this point the better solution to not confuse exisiting users. Anyway, using middle click in the described way could also start to play the clicked folders first song.
Another may be good idea would be to add tabs to the play list. One permanent tab could show always the (with single click) selected folders content. This feature exists in Foobar2000. So, for those who use this tab (have it selected), one click would be enough to choose a folder from file browser. Tabs for play list would be a nice feature anyway.

Thanks for you great work folks
Gunwald