Notifications and systray info popup

tiliqua

Post by tiliqua »

The systray popup that shows application name & version and now playing artist and song title when the mouse hovers over the systray icon is a little dull compared to the notification popup that appears when a new song starts playing and shows album art, rating and album as well.

Would it be possible to make the systray popup like the notification popup?
Not a big deal, just a little eye candy :)
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

I think that this has been required before, but there are limitation on the toolkit that anonbeat is using that doesn't allow to do many things on the systray, for instance pause it with a middle click.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Yes the wxWidgets have a very limited system tray icon support. This added that the systray icons tends to disapears make me think that dont worth add more functionality to the icon.

I just recently added support to sound menu thought.

Thank you very much
tiliqua

Post by tiliqua »

Thanks for the reply. As I said, it's not a big deal for me, just eye candy. I'm still primarily on Ubuntu Lucid so sound menu is not an option yet and I prefer the systray icon functionality anyway. Maybe when sound menu is a bit more mature and g-que supports more of it's functionality I will upgrade. Until then, I'm happy with the systray.

Thanks for your efforts.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

The next version of the sound menu is said to support playlists. That will make it more interesting, lets see.