Ubuntu sound/volume indicator

DonkeyKong

Post by DonkeyKong »

I just upgraded to revision 1421 and after upgrading sound menu was deactivated. To activate it I had to check both "Activate taskbar icon" and "integrate into sound menu". If "Activate taskbar icon" wasn't checked, "integrate into sound menu" was greyed out.
After checking them both it works now. So checking "Activate taskbar icon" does not activate the taskbar icon but gives me the possibility to activate the sound menu integration - I however didn't want to activate the taskbar icon anyway.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

I can confirm it.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

The activate taskbar icon enables the icon and the option 'Integrate into sound menu' option allow to select between sound menu or out of it.

I think this makes sense. Maybe the labels are not the better ones ?

Thanks for your help
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

But as it is now there is now way to check "Integrate into SoundMenu" without first enabling "Activate task bar icon". So if you want the SoundMenu integration you must have the task bar icon.
Is that on purpose?
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Yes... see that option as 'I want an Icon' and then decide where you want the icon
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

But is there any way to have SoundMenu integration without having the icon on the task bar?
I have both options enabled and I have the icon on the task bar AND the SoundMenu integration.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Once you enable sound menu the task bar icon out of the sound menu should disapear. If no then something is wrong. For me its working as I expect it to work.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

I think that by enabling and disabling the options you can screw things up.

For instance if while you have both options enabled and you disable SoundMenu integration you get both the sound menu and the tray icon, at least for that session.

But playing the options I got some strange things like image on the sound menu with no player buttons with Guayadeque open and closed. I will mail you the screenshots because it takes forever to upload the here.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

I wrote about it already. Remove from sound menu need to restart the indicator. I think its a bug of the sound menu so if you enable sound menu and later disable it it will be visible while the sound menu is not restarted. This is not intended but its how sound menu behaves. However if sound menu gets restarted guayadeque will no be visible in sound menu.

When there is no buttons its because it was removed from sound menu.

Thanks for your help
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

OK then.