Ubuntu sound/volume indicator

camaron

Post by camaron »

I know, I know I should be patient and that it will happen eventually but what about integration with the sound/volume indicator? it would be so nice....
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Im thinking that I will not integrate into the sound indicator at least till all other distros uses that indicator.

I personally dont like it.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

In the meantime you can support solution #2 of this idea:
https://sourceforge.net/apps/ideatorren ... t/idea/81/
camaron

Post by camaron »

anonbeat wrote:Im thinking that I will not integrate into the sound indicator at least till all other distros uses that indicator.

I personally dont like it.
That is a real pity: I do like it, but most importantly it offers very nice integration with the desktop. What a pity...
tamalet wrote:In the meantime you can support solution #2 of this idea:
https://sourceforge.net/apps/ideatorren ... t/idea/81/
Thanks tamalet I followed the link and gave my vote.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Any other distro uses it ?
camaron

Post by camaron »

Probably not, after all it is a very new applet. Maybe linux mint, not sure. But I have to say that it works very well.

I've seen it with clementine last release which i've been having a look at out of curiosity and it is nice. Usually I use the keyboard shortcuts to pause/play, change volume and advance songs. This is when I'm typing. When I've got the mouse in my hand I miss to be able to use it without having to show guayadeque.

I know I could use the task bar but I don't. I don't personally like having all those icons all over the place each one doing its own different thing.

I just think it is a pity to let go an opportunity which is already there to better integrate guayadeque with the desktop.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

I read that they are implementing it on KDE, but as a plasma widget.
DonkeyKong

Post by DonkeyKong »

Ohh, I'm really disappointed! Somebody had mentioned at ubuntuforums.org that this was going to be implemented and I have been really looking forward to it.
In my opinion it provides a really good integration with the desktop. Instead of having this butt ugly tray icon (which I disabled not long ago), guayadeque would look far better and more integrated.
I think it is far more important integrating such things than working on support for portable devices such as iPods, which most people don't have or use any way. I for instance use nautilus to put new tracks on my sansa fuze.
I know that other distros don't use it, but Ubuntu being the distro with the biggest amount of users I think one could integrate it any way…
Please support this. I would as well say that if this is not going to be implemented, guayadeque will lose a lot of ubuntu users since other players would provide a better desktop experience.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

As looks Im alone on this one I guess its something to be done even when Im not happy with it.

I will try to do it for this next release then
camaron

Post by camaron »

anonbeat wrote:As looks Im alone on this one I guess its something to be done even when Im not happy with it.

I will try to do it for this next release then
Thanks anon, this can only make other people happy without bothering anyone