0.3.5-1890 crashes when scanning folders Lubuntu (13.10)

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
messymerry

0.3.5-1890 crashes when scanning folders Lubuntu (13.10)

Post by messymerry »

Hey y'all, just love Guayadeque. Many fine features.

I have an ASUS EEE 1005HA with a 256 SSD. The problem I was having was that on a new install of everything, Guayadeque would crash every time I tried to scan a folder to add music to my library. It would count all the files and then begin the import. After a few seconds it would just disappear off the screen. Total crash!!! Well after numerous iterations using different possible changes, I finally sussed it out. The problem was that when I restored the music directory to the new install of Lubuntu from an external USB drive, the OS assigned all the sub-folders to root. Guayadeque did not like this at all. Using PCManFM I did a recursive permission change of all folders, sub-folders, and files, and viola Guayadeque was happy again. This was really maddening for a couple of day, but now my neighbors are horrified that the wild radio station is on again...

Off topic: I had a problem with “Smart Play” taking songs from different libraries. Pretty messy when you are playing music and a chapter from Stephen King comes up... Don't know if this is a bug or a feature? I will have more to say on it when I am able to repeat it and document it...

Happy New Year,,,