Collections and layouts

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
l300lvl

Collections and layouts

Post by l300lvl »

When loading another collection, after selecting view, and then selecting a layout for it, the collection dissapears and the layout for the first collection is changed instead.

Does that mean I must select to view that collection again, then create a layout for it and save it as well, and then never EVER accidently click the wrong layout, or else I have to reopen the collection.

Must there be a seperate layout made for each collection?

Ideas:
1. By default the layout set for collection 1, either default or custom layout, should be the chosen layout for all new collections.
2. Give the choice for which layout to use for which collection. If that is what is going on it isn't obvious. You should be able to set each collections layout individually, using the same custom layout from collection 1 > collection 2 and vise versa. Layouts should be able to be used no matter what collection it is, if that makes sense?
anonbeat

Collections and layouts

Post by anonbeat »

Right now layouts saves the state of the interface and open views. Makes sense that if you have a collection open and you save a layout if you go back to that layout you want that collection open.
l300lvl

Collections and layouts

Post by l300lvl »

I get it. I only expected it to use that layout for each collection as opposed for the entire player.

Would it be possible to make this also use the layout of the main collection when creating a new collection?
tamalet

Collections and layouts

Post by tamalet »

That is interesting indeed, so that you don't have to redo all the layout for every new collection.