New Guayadeque with Collections Support now up in svn

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Thanks. I need to fix that too

Thanks for your help
gobater

Post by gobater »

Just compiled and installed the SVN-rev1664. Using the "trick" anon mention to @Lysias got my old library...

BTW. I'm willing to have a "new feature" since a long time. In the "Album list box" only the covers of the "full albums" are displayed. I would like to see the cover of the albums that do not have a dedicated JPG file and have the cover embedded into the files.

A few "bugs" I've found in the first minutes of usage:
- In the Collection, when I select the "tree mode": when I edit the information of some tracks (specially the year), the tree does not update. I have to manually update the collection/library
- In the area with the play controls, the embedded cover of the mp3 file is not shown (in previous versions of guayadeque it was shown). The cover is only shown for "full albums" with cover file.

QUESTION:
In my collection, in tree mode, I see:
+ ARTIST
+ (empty string)
+ YEAR OF ALBUM 1
+ YEAR OF ALBUM 2

What am I supposed to see in the second row??

Regards

Thanks for your great work
Guayadeque rocks!!
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

gobater wrote:Just compiled and installed the SVN-rev1664. Using the "trick" anon mention to @Lysias got my old library...

BTW. I'm willing to have a "new feature" since a long time. In the "Album list box" only the covers of the "full albums" are displayed. I would like to see the cover of the albums that do not have a dedicated JPG file and have the cover embedded into the files.
You can have it if you enable the option scan embedded covers for the collection in preferences
gobater wrote:A few "bugs" I've found in the first minutes of usage:
- In the Collection, when I select the "tree mode": when I edit the information of some tracks (specially the year), the tree does not update. I have to manually update the collection/library
This should be fixed in svn 1665. Thanks for your bug report
gobater wrote:- In the area with the play controls, the embedded cover of the mp3 file is not shown (in previous versions of guayadeque it was shown). The cover is only shown for "full albums" with cover file.
This should be fixed in svn 1665. Thanks for your bug report

gobater wrote: QUESTION:
In my collection, in tree mode, I see:
+ ARTIST
+ (empty string)
+ YEAR OF ALBUM 1
+ YEAR OF ALBUM 2

What am I supposed to see in the second row??

Regards

Thanks for your great work
Guayadeque rocks!!
If you edit the current tree filter it will tell you what criteria is using to build the tree.

Thanks for your help
matrasan

Post by matrasan »

I compiled and installed svn 1665. I'm using ubuntu 11.10 and the multimedia keys work now. I added the icon by dragging it to the launcher in unity but it had a blank spot on the panel. Then I removed it and now I can't add the icon and the program icon doesn't appear at all. It's running but it's not even in the alt+tab list.

Thanks for the quick fix for multimedia keys.
mixalns

Post by mixalns »

Something is not OK when i start guayadeque (svn1665) play only the first track from play-list (in config I have from 0 minute autoplay)
gobater

Post by gobater »

Hi anon,

Thanks for your fast reply and the corresponding fixes!!
anonbeat wrote:
gobater wrote: BTW. I'm willing to have a "new feature" since a long time. In the "Album list box" only the covers of the "full albums" are displayed. I would like to see the cover of the albums that do not have a dedicated JPG file and have the cover embedded into the files.
You can have it if you enable the option scan embedded covers for the collection in preferences
I have already the option enabled in the preferences but it does not work. Maybe I have not expressed myself in the right way... (see attached screenshot)

Till now I have not experienced any other problems with svn1665

Thanks again!
matrasan

Post by matrasan »

I restarted and removed the program. After reinstall I got the icon back. May it was Unity issue.
mixalns

Post by mixalns »

The search with Album Browser view don't work ok, with Library View is everything ok (svn1666)

http://tinyurl.com/Library-View

http://tinyurl.com/Album-Browser-view-png
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

mixalns wrote:The search with Album Browser view don't work ok, with Library View is everything ok (svn1666)

Can you explain me the steps you did? looks like is working fine here

Thanks for your hlep
mixalns

Post by mixalns »

anonbeat wrote:
mixalns wrote:The search with Album Browser view don't work ok, with Library View is everything ok (svn1666)

Can you explain me the steps you did? looks like is working fine here

Thanks for your hlep
I'have back up from the old. cache.db Guayadeque-> (920mb) (.guayadeque)

guayadeque.db (.guayadeque / Collections)