New Guayadeque with Collections Support now up in svn

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

The new guayadeque interface with collections support is up in svn now. Please be aware that this version is almost a complete rewrite in some aspects of the program and so it can have bugs.

I need your help to find out them all so please install it and let me know anything wrong with it.

The most important thing that have changed is that now you can have as many collections as you like. A collection is what used to be a library. You still can define many paths for every collection. This can be useful for example to keep a Audio books collection completely separated from your Music collection. Or having one collection for you and another for your wife.
You can define a option to be used to transfer tracks from one collection to another.
Also changed that the Library view, the Album Browser view, the Tree view and the Playlists are now shown in the same tab of guayadeque. You can switch from one to another with a simple click. I think this makes more easy and clear having multiple collections open at the same time.

Its important to make a backup of the .guayadeque in case you want to come back to an earlier version because the new configuration file and tables are different from the older versions.

Thank you very much goes to tamalet and camaron who helped to redesign the interface and get a more usable software.

Looking forward for your comments and bug reports
Thanks for your help.
Hreinsi

Post by Hreinsi »

how do i get this do i have to reinstall
Hreinsi

Post by Hreinsi »

oh now i got the updates :) thx
Lysias

Post by Lysias »

Good to see new features in Guayadeque :)

One problem though: I can't build SVN revision 1663. Here's the log:

/home/lysias/bin/guayadeque/src/MainFrame.cpp: Jäsenfunktio ”void guMainFrame::OnCollectionCommand(wxCommandEvent&)”:
/home/lysias/bin/guayadeque/src/MainFrame.cpp:2376:67: virhe: expected type-specifier before ”guMediaVieweriPodDevice”
/home/lysias/bin/guayadeque/src/MainFrame.cpp:2376:67: virhe: expected ”;” before ”guMediaVieweriPodDevice”
/home/lysias/bin/guayadeque/src/MainFrame.cpp:2375:43: varoitus: käyttämätön muuttuja ”Mount” [-Wunused-variable]
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/guayadeque.dir/MainFrame.o] Virhe 1
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/guayadeque.dir/all] Virhe 2
make: *** [all] Virhe 2
Hreinsi

Post by Hreinsi »

Looks wery well
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Lysias wrote:Good to see new features in Guayadeque :)

One problem though: I can't build SVN revision 1663. Here's the log:

/home/lysias/bin/guayadeque/src/MainFrame.cpp: Jäsenfunktio ”void guMainFrame::OnCollectionCommand(wxCommandEvent&)”:
/home/lysias/bin/guayadeque/src/MainFrame.cpp:2376:67: virhe: expected type-specifier before ”guMediaVieweriPodDevice”
/home/lysias/bin/guayadeque/src/MainFrame.cpp:2376:67: virhe: expected ”;” before ”guMediaVieweriPodDevice”
/home/lysias/bin/guayadeque/src/MainFrame.cpp:2375:43: varoitus: käyttämätön muuttuja ”Mount” [-Wunused-variable]
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/guayadeque.dir/MainFrame.o] Virhe 1
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/guayadeque.dir/all] Virhe 2
make: *** [all] Virhe 2
Try doing make clean and then ./buildd
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

Great job as usual!
Lysias

Post by Lysias »

Got it working by deleting local SVN source and redownloading the code from SourceForge's SVN repository and/or installing libgpod-dev.

After the upgrade, it seems that the library isn't imported properly into the new music collection. In my library I can only see the latest added album and updating the library has no effect. If I do a rescan, all the songs are added to the library but they lose their playcounts and ratings. Luckily I had a backup of the library and settings before I upgraded. This is what I get in the terminal when Guayadeque is first ran after the upgrade:

Created the lyrics folder
Created the collections folder
Created the Radios folder
Created the Jamendo folder
Created the Magnatune folder
Error: XML parsing error: 'syntax error' at line 1
Error: can't open file '/home/lysias/.guayadeque/guayadeque.conf.00' (error 2: No such file or directory)
Error: can't open file '/home/lysias/.guayadeque/guayadeque.conf.01' (error 2: No such file or directory)
Could not read the conf file '/home/lysias/.guayadeque/guayadeque.conf'
Reading old configuration from file '/home/lysias/.guayadeque/guayadeque.conf.old'
20.29.32: Initialized locale ( fi_FI )
20.29.32: Mount Added...
20.29.32: mount without volume?
20.29.32: Mount Added...
20.29.32: mount without volume?
20.29.32: MediaViewer 'My Music' => '4EAB029C' ==>> 00000000
20.29.32: Created collection folder '/home/lysias/.guayadeque/Collections/4EAB029C'
20.29.32: Library Db Version 0
20.29.32: Updating database version to 21

The new music collection points to the right path and the size of the database doesn't change. It's as if Guayadeque somehow hides all the other songs except for one album.

Anonbeat, would you like me to send the conf files before and after the upgrade?
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

I need to allow to compile guayadeque without iPod support. This is broken at this time.

@Lysias:
Try this :
close guayadeque
copy the ~/.guayadeque/guayadeque.db into ~/guayadeque/Collections/4EAB029C
start guayadeque

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for your help
Lysias

Post by Lysias »

@Anonbeat:

That did it, thanks :)