New Guayadeque with Collections Support now up in svn

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
mixalns

Post by mixalns »

ok i have del my old cache.db, (is gut for offline, but ok) is now ok

But the presentation of cover has something no good, I'm with *View the current defined filters* added new cd's with 1month 1day 10day ... and does not display correctly, the older than 5 days, far left, and newer "Right",
[sorry for my bad English]

Thanks for this great Player
gobater

Post by gobater »

BUG Report:
In Imported Dynamic Playlists (from previous Guayadeque DB), the SORTING cannot be changed. I edit the "Sort by" field in "Result" and after pressing OK nothing happens. If I edit again the Playlist, the "Sort by" option is not enabled.

Re-creating the Playlist from scratch works fine.

Regards,
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

gobater wrote:BUG Report:
In Imported Dynamic Playlists (from previous Guayadeque DB), the SORTING cannot be changed. I edit the "Sort by" field in "Result" and after pressing OK nothing happens. If I edit again the Playlist, the "Sort by" option is not enabled.

Regards,
Can you tell me what is the defined conditions for the playlist ?

Thanks
gobater

Post by gobater »

anonbeat wrote:
gobater wrote:BUG Report:

Regards,
Can you tell me what is the defined conditions for the playlist ?

Thanks

Example: playlist "80's":
1. Year after 1979
2. Year before 1990

Sort by Year (Ascending)

As I've mention this only happens if I imported the list from the old 'guayadeque'. If I make a new Dynamic Playlist with those (or similar) characteristics it works.

Another issue I've found:
Song "A" is enqueued and it's information is edited, right clicking in the library (not the playlist). The information is changed in the DB, but not in the playlist. If I click in the playlist and press "edit song" the old data is still there. Or if I wait till the song starts playing, then also the old data is shown.

Something similar happens also in the collection view. Imagine searching in the library for "sinatra" and the results contain "F. Sinatra" and "Frank Sinatra". In the artists box, we will see both. If we edit the tracks with "F. Sinatra" and write "Frank Sinatra", the Artists box will still display both until we perform a new search. Same happens with album or genre...

Both are not "major bugs" but somehow the behavior is not a I would expect.

Thank you for your efforts!!!
I'm loving Guayadeque everyday more and more!!!
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

gobater wrote: Another issue I've found:
Song "A" is enqueued and it's information is edited, right clicking in the library (not the playlist). The information is changed in the DB, but not in the playlist. If I click in the playlist and press "edit song" the old data is still there. Or if I wait till the song starts playing, then also the old data is shown.

Something similar happens also in the collection view. Imagine searching in the library for "sinatra" and the results contain "F. Sinatra" and "Frank Sinatra". In the artists box, we will see both. If we edit the tracks with "F. Sinatra" and write "Frank Sinatra", the Artists box will still display both until we perform a new search. Same happens with album or genre...

Both are not "major bugs" but somehow the behavior is not a I would expect.

Thank you for your efforts!!!
I'm loving Guayadeque everyday more and more!!!
This should be fixed in svn revision 1669

Thanks for your help
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

@gobater: The dynamic playlists option should be fixed too in revision 1670

Thanks for your help
Linye

Post by Linye »

Just updated and I'm loving the changes. Great job.
gnaag

Post by gnaag »

I longed for this for a very long time. Do you when can I expect the deb builds to be provided. There used to be svn debs too. Is it still true? Or I have to wait until it is pushed into stable. (I am not about to install it from svn).
Linye

Post by Linye »

I found a bug.

When I press "enter" to start an artist, album, or song to play; the music starts but Guayadeque also opens up the Songs Editor.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

gnaag wrote:I longed for this for a very long time. Do you when can I expect the deb builds to be provided. There used to be svn debs too. Is it still true? Or I have to wait until it is pushed into stable. (I am not about to install it from svn).
I will update the svn package once the latest changes are more stable and more bug free. This can be in one or two more weeks.

If nobody helps using the svn version It takes more time for me to fully test the software.

Thanks for your help