Segfault and other glitches

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

l300lvl wrote: is it possible to have an option to show only the file name in Songs Editor and not the full path of the song, on the left side? or perhaps only show file name when clicking Edit Album Songs and then show full path when clicking Edit Songs?
What I would really like is the Song Editor to have an editable box with the file name so that you can rename it manually if you want.
camaron

Post by camaron »

And since we are at it, what about having the label editor incorporated into the song editor?
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

tamalet wrote:
l300lvl wrote: is it possible to have an option to show only the file name in Songs Editor and not the full path of the song, on the left side? or perhaps only show file name when clicking Edit Album Songs and then show full path when clicking Edit Songs?
What I would really like is the Song Editor to have an editable box with the file name so that you can rename it manually if you want.
In addition to only showing the file name, that would be awesome. This should also be an option in the library song lists Select Columns, allowing Edit File Name on right click just as you would Edit Title or anything else, but it would have to deal with if the song is playing or not somehow?
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

I can think of a few other things too like:

Select Comumns>Comments, and right click Edit Comments, it may not be used much but editing comments can sometimes be a hassle, well its not so bad for me anymore but this could make it even faster.

A way to view the total number of songs for library or artist or album, so far I cant think of any option to find out the total number of songs in the library?

Inline editing globally, this may be a far stretch but eventually some inline editing would be nice as mentioned, but also having the right click option still in place, I actually prefer the right click option, as inline would mean setting a proper mouse click settings or it could cause frustration when double clicking to play.

Select Columns>Album Cover/art: An option to show the album cover only once per album sort of like it shows in Library>Albums, but in Library>Albums>Songs as well. Not sure how you would make it only display once so it doesnt show for each song, but it would be a eye catching feature I think?
camaron

Post by camaron »

l300lvl wrote:A way to view the total number of songs for library or artist or album, so far I cant think of any option to find out the total number of songs in the library?
This information is displayed on the status bar on the right.
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

excellent, that actually helped me realize just how much is missing from my library that i havent added, its not always needed so its simple to only enable the status bar when i need to see that, which is rare :D

thanks!
camaron

Post by camaron »

l300lvl wrote:its not always needed so its simple to only enable the status bar when i need to see that, which is rare :D

thanks!
that's what I do, mainly now that it is only a F12 away....