Guayadeque 0.2.9 Released!!!

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
mr_hangman

Post by mr_hangman »

Great job! Great job! Great job!
Hats off to you, anonbeat.
Can't wait to see bright future for guayadeque.

And about our old friend, he's a very dedicated man - both constructively and destructively.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

The ubuntu ones dont work? I dont use debian and not sure if I can make debian packages in launchpad
pickarooney

Post by pickarooney »

Fantastic work on the lyrics engines, anonbeat :)
guv999

Post by guv999 »

Brilliant music player. First install today and it is excellent. It really knocks the 'big boys' Rhythmbox and Banshee into touch, and is now my default player.
Thanks and keep up the great work. I can really see guayadeque becoming the default player of the future
camaron

Post by camaron »

tamalet wrote:Thank anonbeat for all your hard work!
I've just sent a tip to OMG Ubuntu.
About a day after you I sent another one and still no joy!! What's the matter with them? Do they fear competition to banshee?
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

Yeah, they have a writer dedicated to Banshee. They don't want people to know how awesome Guayadeque is or they will loose a lot of users :)
Danubio

Post by Danubio »

Like so much great software Congratulations but just a one detail can put on my system try?
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

Danubio wrote:Like so much great software Congratulations but just a one detail can put on my system try?
uh? Sorry I don't understand your question.
If you are asking for install instructions see http://guayadeque.org/forums/index.php? ... installing
camaron

Post by camaron »

Danubio wrote:Like so much great software Congratulations but just a one detail can put on my system try?
You need the "notification area" applet in your panel if it is not working yet. To do so right-click on the panel and add it. Then from guaydeque "preferences>general" click on "Activate task bar icon".

If you prefere to integrate guayadeque in the sound menu click this too, if no don't as you have to choose one or the other.

If you choose just the task bar (system tray) the icon probably will look horrible due to a bug (not a guayadeque bug)
camaron

Post by camaron »

As an aside: if you are on Ubuntu and plan to upgrade to next release you'd better get used to the SoundMenu as I think Canonical is going to get rid of the notification area.

Last thing: it is time well spent going through all of guayadeque preferences as there are tones of things in there....:)