New Lyrics Search Engine

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
anonbeat

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by anonbeat »

You can even add your own. If you do so please post it so I can add it so others can use it

Thanks for your help
mr_hangman

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by mr_hangman »

Anon, I'm trying to add a Thai lyrics website to the list.

This is an example: http://www.siamzone.com/music/thailyric ... a7a2c7d1ad

The parts in the url after !! are the ascii code of Thai characters.
So, I substituted them with {a} and {t}
http://www.siamzone.com/music/thailyric ... &song=!!{t}
and put it in the source field.
Then I tried to remap Thai characters to ascii code using replace function of the lyrics engine:
? -> e0
? -> b8
? -> cd
[...]
but when it searched, it couldn't find the lyrics.
In the output log I got http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/5969 ... ot1jgv.png instead of correct encoding. Do you have any solution to this problem?

Thank you very much

By the way, this new engine is very powerful and flexible. I'm loving it ;)
anonbeat

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by anonbeat »

mr_hangman wrote:Anon, I'm trying to add a Thai lyrics website to the list.

This is an example: http://www.siamzone.com/music/thailyric ... a7a2c7d1ad

The parts in the url after !! are the ascii code of Thai characters.
So, I substituted them with {a} and {t}
http://www.siamzone.com/music/thailyric ... &song=!!{t}
and put it in the source field.
Then I tried to remap Thai characters to ascii code using replace function of the lyrics engine:
? -> e0
? -> b8
? -> cd
[...]
but when it searched, it couldn't find the lyrics.
In the output log I got http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/5969 ... ot1jgv.png instead of correct encoding. Do you have any solution to this problem?

Thank you very much

By the way, this new engine is very powerful and flexible. I'm loving it ;)
I think your best option with this site is to write a specific script for it and configure guayadeque to call it from it.

Thanks for your help
anonbeat

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by anonbeat »

tamalet wrote:A few remarks:

.When you unckeck "Follow player" and search for lyrics, the edit and save button are always disabled.

.I would like to see where the lyrics comes from (embedded, file or which site). The problem is where to show this. I was thinking it could be shown on the Status bar. Right now it always says "Welcome to Guayadeque", this would make it more interesting to look at. While it is searching lyrics it could also show a message.

.If you modify the lyrics of the currently playing song with the Song Editor and have Follow player enabled, the lyrics tab should be refreshed.

.When you save a change to the lyrics currently playing song using the Song Editor, the notifyosd is shown. But it's not shown if you change it from the lyrics tab. I think it should not appear again when saving the lyrics.
Can you check the with latest revision the lyrics editing of the current playing track please ?

Thanks for your help
camaron

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by camaron »

Hi anonbeat,
-It seems that the not found field in the new editor is case sensitive, which is a great inconvenience. So Unfortunately won't block unfortunately
-If some line of text is too long (on the left) for the screen you can't scrooll to find the begining of the line: the text just disappears off the screen. This at least happens with preference set to centered
anonbeat

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by anonbeat »

[quote="camaron"]Hi anonbeat,
-It seems that the not found field in the new editor is case sensitive, which is a great inconvenience. So Unfortunately won't block unfortunately
-If some line of text is too long (on the left) for the screen you can't scrooll to find the begining of the line: the text just disappears off the screen. This at least happens with preference set to centered
camaron

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by camaron »

The case sensitive is a problem and its a feature. Depends on what you need.
True, but I would argue that here you just need generic filters. The main search engine is not case sensitive and it would be a disaster if it were....

Or, to be more specific: in this case we are talking about the begining of a sentence so they should all be capital: if they are not that's just a misspelling with not positive value.
Cheers
anonbeat

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by anonbeat »

But the result of a webpage where you are going to look usually the error message is spelled in some way and usually dont change. And in the case it changes you can always add the two variations.
camaron

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by camaron »

I know anonbeat, but the example I gave you is real (from lyricswikia): Unfortunately and unfortunately; that's how I realized this.

Again, it is not big deal; just thought I should tell you :)
tamalet

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by tamalet »

anonbeat wrote:Can you check the with latest revision the lyrics editing of the current playing track please ?

Thanks for your help
If I uncheck Follow player and change the Artist or Track, the first time I hit Reload the lyrics I get the lyrics of the current playing song, only when I click it for a second time it looks for what I entered.

If I change the lyrics of the currently playing song with the Song Editor (not in the Lyrics tab), the change is still not updated in the lyrics tab and it makes the notifyosd appear.