New Lyrics Search Engine

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
anonbeat

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by anonbeat »

The first time you get the lyric of the current playing song because you have embedded enabled as source and it got the lyrics embedded.

Now with svn revision 1479 the lyrics will get updated when you edit the current playing track and you have follow checked.

Thanks for your help
mr_hangman

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by mr_hangman »

Anon, I finished the external script to fetch thai lyrics using python.
Could you advise me on how to properly pass artist and title and then get the lyrics back from the script?
I put the path to the script in Source: but when it is called guayadeque consumes 50% of the cpu and stops responding.
anonbeat

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by anonbeat »

you can receive artist and track name and any other information as program parameters. I dont know python but In C its thought argc and argv params received by the main function. To output just write the content to the console and guayadeque will capture it.

Thanks for your help
tamalet

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by tamalet »

anonbeat wrote:The first time you get the lyric of the current playing song because you have embedded enabled as source and it got the lyrics embedded.

Now with svn revision 1479 the lyrics will get updated when you edit the current playing track and you have follow checked.

Thanks for your help
Thanks anon!

A minor thing still remains. If you edit the lyrics with the songs editor, the song appears again on the osd, but it doesn't if you modify it on the lyrics tab. I was just wonder why the difference (not showing would be better), but it's not important at all.
anonbeat

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by anonbeat »

I will take a look at that soon.

THanks for your help
tamalet

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by tamalet »

I saw your change, it works great now. Thanks once again!
anonbeat

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by anonbeat »

Now the last lyric source is shown in the application status bar

Thanks for your help
mr_hangman

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by mr_hangman »

anonbeat wrote:you can receive artist and track name and any other information as program parameters. I dont know python but In C its thought argc and argv params received by the main function. To output just write the content to the console and guayadeque will capture it.

Thanks for your help
Right now I have a problem with the output when I run the script.
Sometimes I get segfault like this http://pastebin.com/McQ6ugwA or http://pastebin.com/xi5Z8CCk
Sometimes guayadeque skips the command and go to the next website. Do you have timeout set for each one?

This is the script that I got working in the console but not when called by guayadeque http://www.mediafire.com/?dbd8u628s8b1hig . (The input argument is not yet implemented. Just run 'python fetch_lyrics.py' to test.)

P.S. it would be convenient if there is a browse button to select an external script.

anonbeat

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by anonbeat »

I will try to fix the problem. Seems there is a problem using wxExecute out of the main thread. Need to figure out how to do it without locking the main thread. Sorry for the problem.

Thanks for your help
tamalet

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by tamalet »

I related issue that I noted some time ago but forgot to report is that if you create a command and enter for instance an URL address, Guayadeque crashes
01:30:31 PM: Trying to execute command: http://www.google.com/search?q=test&btnI
01:30:31 PM: guMediaCtrl::GetState 2
guayadeque: Fatal IO error 0 (Success) on X server :0.0.
guayadeque: Fatal IO error 0 (Success) on X server :0.0.

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

I can send you a full backtrace if you want, but it's easy to reproduce.