New Lyrics Search Engine

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
anonbeat

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by anonbeat »

Its faster if you just uncheck '[ ] follow' and then manually click in search. The first time will show you the embedded and the second one will go over and search using the next source and so on.
camaron

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by camaron »

It is not faster anonbeat, if I have to click once and wait for a source, click again and wait, etc. To just use the google search and then copy and paste would be quicker but obviusly not ideal.

Surely most of us have to be in the same situation: have many useless tags in place of the lyrics and want to do a search for a proper lyric using the built-in engine and bypassing the files? The bottom line is: if it is so much hassle I just don't bother.
tamalet

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by tamalet »

Can you explain what your suggestion is better please?

You say that the problem is when the lyrics are wrong. I just found one track with wrong embedded lyrics, I clicked on Search for lyrics and I got new ones from the web.

Is it that you somehow want to get _all_ the possible lyrics at once?

Would moving Embedded to the end of the list of sources solve your problem?
camaron

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by camaron »

I apologize for causing confusion here: the search lyrics button does indeed bypass the file when guayadeque has already shown a embedded lyric. This is what I was sugesting guayadeque should do and it is what it does. I just don't know now why I got the impression that it doesn't. I don't know either what our disagreement was about?

Cheers
tamalet

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by tamalet »

I thought so. Also note that the search is done in the list order. So you can move the sites that find the most lyrics for you to the top.
anonbeat

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by anonbeat »

The lyric search engine can be improved in many ways. One I just thought is autoarrange download sources. So the one that gives most results will come first.

THanks for your help
tamalet

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by tamalet »

That's why I really like that it shows where it found the lyrics. For me the ones that work best are lyrics.wikia.com, letras.mus.br and coveralia.com, but for other it can be different.
tamalet

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by tamalet »

More remarks:

.The window editor of a source has a title "Lyric Source Editor", shouldn't it be "Lyrics Source Editor" (with s)?

.As I reported before, when you create a rule the input box of the window that appears should have focus. Now you have to click on it.

.When no lyrics are found and you click on the edit button, the text "No lyrics found" should be cleared automatically. No you have to select it and delete it.

.Could you please translate the symbols like … into the equivalent UTF8? Now these symbols appear as ?a weird box.???

.In the Songs Editor, the button to search the lyrics has no tooltip.
Also, the first time you click it seems to not work because it looks into the embedded lyrics, which you are already seeing. It would be better if you omit that search like when Follow player is not checked on the main lyrics tab.

.A feature I would really like to see at some point (but not necessarily now) is to have two new buttons on the lyrics tab of the Songs Editor:
a) One to clear the lyrics of all the selected files. Imagine that someone does not like embedded lyrics or has incorrect lyrics and wants to remove them. Now you have to do it one by one.
b) Search the lyrics for all the selected songs. Actually this could replace the current button so that the lyrics operation are for all the selected tracks. If you want to edit just one you can drop it in the main lyrics tab.

Thanks a lot!
Lysias

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by Lysias »

lyricsmode.com adds some HTML that isn't visible when viewed in a browser but shows up in the downloaded lyrics. Example:

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/m/mich ... night.html

When you select the lyrics or view the source, you can see there's something extra hidden there:

[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/m/mich ... night.html ]

To fix, add as Exclude Start and as Exclude Stop.
anonbeat

New Lyrics Search Engine

Post by anonbeat »

In this case we can add in exclude just <span class="b-lyrics-from-signature"> or add '[ ' -> ' ]' to remove the added text.

Thanks for your help