Portable device support questions, bug reports, etc HERE

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

@rickstone

About the problem saving to playlists, follow rotwang888 suggestions.
But I agree that it is unintuitive how to create a new static playlist. You would expect that right clicking on Static Playlists (or in any static playlist) you get an option to create a new static playlist, but you only get an option to create a new Dynamic playlist.

As regard transcoding flacs, it seems to be a bug also reported by rotwang888 (although it works for me).

And concerning covers and playlists on the device, anonbeat said that this is still work in progress.
rickstone

Post by rickstone »

Ah, gotcha...thanks for the feedback. My eyes started glazing over when reading this thread so I likely missed all that!

HOWEVER, right-clicking and selecting "save to playlist" does nothing.

Thanks again.
rickstone

Post by rickstone »

Scratch that...don't know why "save to playlist" did nothing earlier, but it's OK now. Do we already know if the transferred playlists are actually usable on the device? Meaning, is the path in the playlist that gets copied to the device relative or changed or something other than the path that is stated in the m3u file ON (for instance) my computer? I'm about to see for myself, but thought someone might save me the trouble just in case.

UPDATE: I figured it out for myself! It seems that the tracks named in the playlist get copied, and since this is the first time I've used this, the Playlists folder was ignored, and a new folder called "playlist" was created, but unfortunately the m3u file wasn't copied/moved/created/etc. Hopefully this is on the to-do list also.

Thanks!
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Linye wrote:So, I connected my 80gb Ipod Classic and opened the portable device tab. The updating process was really slow.

The genres and most artist are not how they are in the ipod or in gtkpod (what normally use to transfer music). Also it list every song as if it were an album, so for an album of 10 songs I get 10 albums containing each song.

I edited some genre tags and after disconnecting and connecting again the tags remain edited. Haven't tried to copy music to it yet.
iPod support is not done yet.

Thanks for your help
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

rickstone wrote:I am very excited about having device support in Guayadeque. I've been using Guayadeque since February 2010 and am amazed by the progress made.

I loaded the latest svn (1278) this morning and decided to try out the portable device functionality with my Droid Incredible. I noticed a few wonky things:

- in the portable device properties I set it to transcode when necessary to mp3 (stock Android doesn't play FLAC files) and to name the album art as AlbumArt.jpg as is the standard for Android.

- when sending an album of FLAC files to the Incredible, nothing was transcoded, simply copied as is.

- the album artwork was copied, but the name remained the same as I have it in my music library (folder.jpg) rather than changing to the AlbumArt.jpg as I chose.

Also, and this has nothing to do directly with device support, I can't figure out how to create a static playlist. I wanted to create one and try copying it to the Incredible to see if maybe Guayadeque might be the first program that can accurately move/create playlists on a USB mass storage device, but there's no option that I can see in the playlist tab to create a static playlist. Adding songs to the now playing queue, right clicking and choosing save playlist does nothing.

Thanks!!
Right now the portable media device is experimental and not complete. Im fixing right now the bug that prevented the files to be transcoded when needed.
Covers are not implemented and Im quite surprised that you got it in the portable player.

The playlists are also not implemented yet but for sure it will be supported.

Thanks for your help
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

With revision 1280 The not transcoding flac files bug should be fixed

Please try it and let me know

Thanks for your help
rotwang888

Post by rotwang888 »

I updated and now files are not being transferred at all. I just get an instant notification that however many files were copied in 0 seconds. Updating the device when I connected it was very fast this time, though.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

rotwang888 wrote:I updated and now files are not being transferred at all. I just get an instant notification that however many files were copied in 0 seconds. Updating the device when I connected it was very fast this time, though.
How exactly are you trying ? how do you have your device configured and what type of media are you trying to copy?

Thanks for your help
rotwang888

Post by rotwang888 »

I'm selecting all the tracks in an album (in flac), either from a playlist or from "now playing", right-clicking "copy to" and choosing IAUDIO7 (my player). My player mounts as a mass storage device (that's msc, right?), and under properties I have formats mp3 and ogg, transcode to ogg unsupported formats only, high quality. I haven't changed anything in the playlists or covers tabs.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

I will try once more time with that settings to see if fails but I tried yesterday and it worked.

Thanks for your help