Portable device support questions, bug reports, etc HERE

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

tamalet wrote:I support mekanix suggestions.

And it would also be nice to have a way to cancel the copy operations. They can take really long if you are transcoding.
That option will come as a tiny button in the status bar with the progress bar.

Need to implement it but Im quite bussy with the manual this days.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

rotwang888 wrote:First thoughts connecting with a 16gb iaudio 7. It took 5 minutes to scan the contents. I'll have to see how long it takes next time, but if it's always that long it'll be inconvenient to quickly copy a file or two over, and it would be much quicker with the file manager or cp in a terminal. I have the same problem as the main library with blank lines after the first page of files, but I seem to be the only person on earth with that problem. EDIT-found the transcoding settings. I'm dumb. But a button might be better than the right-click. I haven't tried yet, but what will it do if it is set to "keep quality" converting from flac to ogg or mp3? Also, it would be much more useful for me to have the device panel set up file browser style.
Guayadeque need to know everytime you open a device if files have changed since you last opened. Maybe I should add an option so you can choose if you want it be autoupdated or not so its you who know if you update it often out of guayadeque or not.
I dont know what is your problem with the blank lines but remember I tested it here with fedora 13 and everything was fine in this installation so it must be something for you only. I cant help you on this sorry.

keep quality will select the normal quality if transcoding is needed.

I agree with you with the panel. I asked about it in the post about portable devices but no one but you commented abobut it.
I still want to know opinions about it.
rotwang888 wrote:I just transferred a flac album, and it was not transcoded. I have the device formats set to mp3 and ogg, with transcode set to ogg with the "unsupported formats only" option. I assumed that with these settings flac (although my player does support flac I don't really need that quality on a portable usually and space is limited) would be an "unsupported format". Am I missing something?
I will try and let you know if somethign is wrong with this.

Thanks for your help
mekanix

Post by mekanix »

Hi Anon!

I have noticed that the process of updating the portable player view is slower than the library.
Is this hardware-related or there is something different between how this two update are performed by guayadeque?

Another couple of things:
- when I send new files to the portable player, they aren't displayed in its panel until I manually update the player
- a request: imagine I'm trasferring an album to the portable player, the process is not completely finished and I try to send another album to the player. Guayadeque create another "send process" that works in parallel with that already running. I think that in this case would be better if guayadeque enqueue the new files to the current transfer process. This have to update the progress displayed in the status bar too.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

The portable devices are slower at first time than the library but once its caches its lighting fast.

Yes all that are things I need to implement but I said Im working in the documentation right now. Once I have it more advanced I will continue finishing the portable media device.
mekanix

Post by mekanix »

Well... probably I have a problem though... mine isn't lightning fast... maybe because is an MTP :(
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

if that is the problem maybe get fixed once I add mtp support.
Linye

Post by Linye »

So, I connected my 80gb Ipod Classic and opened the portable device tab. The updating process was really slow.

The genres and most artist are not how they are in the ipod or in gtkpod (what normally use to transfer music). Also it list every song as if it were an album, so for an album of 10 songs I get 10 albums containing each song.

I edited some genre tags and after disconnecting and connecting again the tags remain edited. Haven't tried to copy music to it yet.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

I had a similar problem on my PMP, the genres were not the same that Guayadeque showed. For instance, in Guayadeque the genre of an album was Rock but in the PMP it appeared as 17.

After some investigation, I found out that it was a problem with those mp3s. The problem is that some mp3s have several id3 frames, and different programs read different frames.

A good program to fix that and many other problems is MP3 diags, available from Ubuntu's repository. The interface is a bit scary at first, but there is good documentation.
rickstone

Post by rickstone »

I am very excited about having device support in Guayadeque. I've been using Guayadeque since February 2010 and am amazed by the progress made.

I loaded the latest svn (1278) this morning and decided to try out the portable device functionality with my Droid Incredible. I noticed a few wonky things:

- in the portable device properties I set it to transcode when necessary to mp3 (stock Android doesn't play FLAC files) and to name the album art as AlbumArt.jpg as is the standard for Android.

- when sending an album of FLAC files to the Incredible, nothing was transcoded, simply copied as is.

- the album artwork was copied, but the name remained the same as I have it in my music library (folder.jpg) rather than changing to the AlbumArt.jpg as I chose.

Also, and this has nothing to do directly with device support, I can't figure out how to create a static playlist. I wanted to create one and try copying it to the Incredible to see if maybe Guayadeque might be the first program that can accurately move/create playlists on a USB mass storage device, but there's no option that I can see in the playlist tab to create a static playlist. Adding songs to the now playing queue, right clicking and choosing save playlist does nothing.

Thanks!!
rotwang888

Post by rotwang888 »

Maybe you didn't name the playlist or something? I don't think you can create an empty static playlist. You have to select some track, right-click and select "save to playlist" and give it a name. It should then show up in the playlist tab.