Portable device support questions, bug reports, etc HERE

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
spiftire

Post by spiftire »

On second inspection the iPod does show up as an iPod not as an USB mass storage device. I can see all the tracks and everything, but when I try to put tracks on the iPod it wont show when i unplug it.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

have you seen my video about transfering tracks to iPod ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wknt5ilIZrY
ignasigarcia

Post by ignasigarcia »

Hi, I just found Guayadeque and it blows away any other media player I've tried (including the very popular banshee). My congratulations!!

When I transfer flac files to my android telephone the files are not converted to mp3 (they're just put as flac, which is fine, but they take too much space. I have a .is_audio_file with these contents:

audio_folders=MUSIC/
output_formats=audio/mp3
cover_art_file_name=cover
cover_art_size=100
audio_player_id=e09e06

however, it does not recode the files. Is there a way this can be done? BTW, I'm using the svn packaged in the ppa.

Thanks so much.
Ignacio
ignasigarcia

Post by ignasigarcia »

Never mind, I just found out.

keep up with your good work. Guayadeque is just amazing!!!!

Ignacio
ignasigarcia wrote:Hi, I just found Guayadeque and it blows away any other media player I've tried (including the very popular banshee). My congratulations!!

When I transfer flac files to my android telephone the files are not converted to mp3 (they're just put as flac, which is fine, but they take too much space. I have a .is_audio_file with these contents:

audio_folders=MUSIC/
output_formats=audio/mp3
cover_art_size=100
audio_player_id=e09e06

however, it does not recode the files. Is there a way this can be done? BTW, I'm using the svn packaged in the ppa.

Thanks so much.
Ignacio
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

ignasigarcia wrote:Hi, I just found Guayadeque and it blows away any other media player I've tried (including the very popular banshee). My congratulations!!

audio_folders=MUSIC/
output_formats=audio/mp3
cover_art_size=100
audio_player_id=e09e06

Thanks so much.
Ignacio
I just was to say you must configure the option in the Device Properties to tell the formats supported and how and when it should be transcoding but I bet you already found it out.

Thanks for your help
spiftire

Post by spiftire »

anonbeat wrote:have you seen my video about transfering tracks to iPod ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wknt5ilIZrY
I looked at the video but the problems still remains the same. But as I was saying earlier, there is no software except iTunes that can sync with the new iOS 4.2.x ->. Apperantly no one have figuered out a way jet. See this link http://gtkpod.org/bugs/index.php?do=details&task_id=35
So if you can come up with one that would be very nice, but I don't expect you to. rather keep up the good work with the player=)
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

I will do a test with a 4.3.x iPone and let you know

Thanks for your help
dnitious

Post by dnitious »

Hey there! Got an issue I need help with. I have an album that has a different cover art for each song. When I txfr it to my ipod, the ipod seems to only want to recognize one of the covers. Ive been switching back and forth between gdeque and gtkpod when i txfr files to the ipod. with a lot of restoring involved.lol. anyway, when i do the same thing with gtkpod, the different cover arts show for each song. Would like to just use gdeque for everything if possible.
thanks
dnitious

Post by dnitious »

Since fixing my last issue, I know have a new one. I connected my ipod to my computer and then clicked on view but the program keeps crashing. I opened gdeque in the terminal and here is what it says when this is happening

07:19:03 AM: Volume Added...
07:19:03 AM: Mount Added...
07:19:03 AM: Mount Path: /media/JOSH G'S IP/
07:19:03 AM: IconStr: '. GThemedIcon multimedia-player-apple-ipod-classic-black multimedia-player-apple-ipod-classic multimedia-player-apple-ipod multimedia-player-apple multimedia-player multimedia'
07:19:03 AM: ... 'Josh G's Ipod'

** (guayadeque:25070): WARNING **: Unknown action (0x2000400) in smart playlist will be ignored.

** (guayadeque:25070): WARNING **: Unknown smart rule action at 1374852: 2000400. Trying to continue.

** (guayadeque:25070): WARNING **: Unknown action (0x2000400) in smart playlist will be ignored.

** (guayadeque:25070): WARNING **: Unknown smart rule action at 1376164: 2000400. Trying to continue.

** (guayadeque:25070): WARNING **: Unknown smart rule action at 1377480: 2000400. Trying to continue.

** (guayadeque:25070): WARNING **: Unknown smart rule action at 1378790: 2000400. Trying to continue.

07:20:01 AM: Error: guDbLibrary::ExecuteUpdate exception 'PRAGMA legacy_file_format=false; PRAGMA page_size=4096; PRAGMA cache_size=4096; PRAGMA count_changes=1; PRAGMA synchronous='OFF'; PRAGMA short_column_names=0; PRAGMA full_column_names=0;'
11: SQLITE_CORRUPT[11]: database disk image is malformed
07:20:01 AM: Error: guDbLibrary::ExecuteQuery exception 'SELECT name FROM sqlite_master WHERE type = 'table' AND name = 'Version';'
11: SQLITE_CORRUPT[11]: database disk image is malformed
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'wxSQLite3Exception'
Aborted
dnitious

Post by dnitious »

Ok, nevermind. I got it. I deleted the ipod DB. All is well