New Quick 'Force Gapless' option in Statusbar

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

If crossfader is disabled then time out is set to 0. If you click what time should I set ? 2 secs?, 5 secs? 15 secs? get my point?

This option is to enable gapless for the albums you want. I think crossfader is not needed by any album but gapless is needed to play correctly dj sessions cds for example

Thanks for your help
camaron

Post by camaron »

tamalet wrote:Maybe you should show the icon only when the crossfader is enabled.
Then the problem would persist as people would not have indication that there is such feature
mr_hangman wrote: What about having it clickable even though the crossfading is disabled?
The icon responds to the click but the crossfading works as set in the preferences.
But that is what happens if fact: if corssfading is set to 0 then in effect there is not crossfading and clicking the icon wont't change anything.
anonbeat wrote:This option is to enable gapless for the albums you want. I think crossfader is not needed by any album but gapless is needed to play correctly dj sessions cds for example
The problem still remains that it is not immediately clear what the thing does if corssfading is set to 0. What about a tool-tip that tells you something like "to toggle crossfading set a value in Preferences"?
mr_hangman

Post by mr_hangman »

OK, I see the point.
I was thinking of a way to make users aware of the possibility to click this icon.
camaron

Post by camaron »

mr_hangman wrote:I was thinking of a way to make users aware of the possibility to click this icon.
It is true, It took me months to notice the lastfm icon.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

I like also when there are features not explained in detail taht you discover with day to day use like click over the time to see elapse or current playing time. Or double click over different section titles in last.fm panel to show hide it
camaron

Post by camaron »

anonbeat wrote:I like also when there are features not explained in detail taht you discover with day to day
I have to agree with that, there is that pleasure in discovering unexpected things....
anonbeat wrote: Or double click over different section titles in last.fm panel to show hide it
Just like this one.... :)
Linye

Post by Linye »

I don't use the cross fading but seems like a great idea.

About the clicks; I think that for consistency 1 left click should activate/deactivate the crossfader and double left click should open the Crossfader Preferences just like a double click opens the Audio Scrobble Preferences.

Maybe add a 1 click to activate/deactivate the audio scrobble for consistency.
camaron

Post by camaron »

Linye wrote: About the clicks; I think that for consistency 1 left click should activate/deactivate the crossfader and double left click should open the Crossfader Preferences just like a double click opens the Audio Scrobble Preferences.
I would vote for this one
mr_hangman

Post by mr_hangman »

The new behavior of the icons are really sweet! Thanks anonbeat!
Linye

Post by Linye »

mr_hangman wrote:The new behavior of the icons are really sweet! Thanks anonbeat!
+1

They're good