New Quick 'Force Gapless' option in Statusbar

Use this category to discuss anything related to the development of Guayadeque.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Yesterday I added a new button to the status bar. You probably may not notice it!!

What it does is when crossfader mode is enabled in Preferences it allows to switch to gapless mode without loose the crossfader settings.
If for example you are listenning to an album that needs gapless playback you can double click over it to change to gapless mode and once you are done with this album double click to get back to crossfader again.

Thank you for your help
mr_hangman

Post by mr_hangman »

Thank you very much for this feature.
I didn't really use crossfader so often because it was a bit difficult to switch between 2 modes. But now it's a lot easier.

I have a little suggestion. Will it be more convenient to allow left click instead of double click?
And for me the icon doesn't seem to be clickable. I wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't mentioned.
Maybe add something to make it look like a button with default, hover, pressed states?
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Its the same as the audioscrobble... it shows the state and also allow to change quickly the settings. As there is no much room for a regular button I think just a tiny bitmap with clickable area was the best option.
For example in Firebox there are addons that uses statusbar as their own 'System tray' are where icons appear and clicking over it do things. This icons dont look like buttons too.

Maybe its better to use single left click instead of double. Lets see what others thinks

Thanks for your help
mekanix

Post by mekanix »

Great idea anonbeat!!! Love it! Would it be possible to add something similar in the notification icon menu?
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

stoeffn wrote:Is it possible to do this fully automatically? No need to click on a button...
You will need to tag the albums somehow to be gapless played. I guess iTunes already have that option to tag albums as gapless. Maybe guayadeque can use the same tags and play in gapless when this tags are recognized and its playing the whole album in the apropiate order.

Thanks for your help
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

mekanix wrote:Great idea anonbeat!!! Love it! Would it be possible to add something similar in the notification icon menu?
Yes its a candidate to the Notification menu.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

iTunes uses its own tag, iTunSMPB. See http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/ind ... 231&st=136
camaron

Post by camaron »

anonbeat wrote:Yesterday I added a new button to the status bar. You probably may not notice it!!

What it does is when crossfader mode is enabled in Preferences it allows to switch to gapless mode without loose the crossfader settings.
If for example you are listenning to an album that needs gapless playback you can double click over it to change to gapless mode and once you are done with this album double click to get back to crossfader again.

Thank you for your help
I've been waiting for this one!! Thanks anonbeat, it is a nice usability improvement for those who use crossfading on and off.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

I thought it was not working until I realized that I had Out length set to 0, that is no crossfading.
Maybe you should show the icon only when the crossfader is enabled.
mr_hangman

Post by mr_hangman »

tamalet wrote:I thought it was not working until I realized that I had Out length set to 0, that is no crossfading.
Maybe you should show the icon only when the crossfader is enabled.
Hmmm. I was thinking the same thing because I had it disabled.

What about having it clickable even though the crossfading is disabled?
The icon responds to the click but the crossfading works as set in the preferences.
For example, the icon can be in the crossfading mode but if the preferences is set to 0, it will work like there's no crossfading.