Radio

General discussions
JohnFluter

Re: Radio

Post by JohnFluter »

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for fixing this radio issue with Bionic based distros. In Xenial the radio works fine but in Bionic Guayaque drops the stream after a very short. It can be re-started but never holds.

It feels as if a buffer gets filled as a result of the read data never being removed.

I was hoping that one of the recent updates would have resolved the problem.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Try increasing the buffer in Preferences -> Online -> Player online buffer size

I have it at 512
JohnFluter

Post by JohnFluter »

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have tried this but it does not have the desired effect. The buffer fills and the player performs for a little longer, I guess until the buffer is emptied, and then it stalls.

I've tried altering the stream rate settings as well. No effect.

Please see my previous posts.

I have excellent broadband. The trouble is present on both ethernet and WiFi connection.

It is only in Bionic distros that there I have this issue. Xenial distros are ok.

My Linux devices are 32 bit (I've experimented with several) and work well with other stream playing software (even with Bionic) and Firefox browser. I've not checked later distros than Bionic because of they are 64 bit.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Hello,
run guayadeque --gst-debug-level=3 from command line and play till stops and send me the output log to my email to see the error you are getting. I could fix the playback issue with 512 as buffer size.

Regards
JRios
Juan89AA

Post by Juan89AA »

I came for the same error after so long and the previously shared resource http://www.guayadeque.org/index.php?p=/ ... mment_5704 has helped me.
Thanks
"El mejor truco para reforzar un muro ya construido es tener pasión y 1000 obreros juniors" - Pablo de Tarso