Problems with MTP device

General discussions
leigh

Problems with MTP device

Post by leigh »

I also only want to copy the files to the device, but when I copy it says X files copied in 0:00 seconds and nothing is copied.
anonbeat

Problems with MTP device

Post by anonbeat »

Please can you email me the console output when running guayadeque from console and doing the copy to the mtp device?

I just did a copy to where transcoding is needed and it worked fine...

Thanks for your help
anonbeat

Problems with MTP device

Post by anonbeat »

@dip: about point 3 : Did you ever installed guayadeque ?

If you compiled from source you need to do sudo make install at the end to copy the needed files in your system.
dip

Problems with MTP device

Post by dip »

Yes, I always first run ./build and than sudo make install.

I will email you the console output. If I can test anything else please let me know.
dip

Problems with MTP device

Post by dip »

Console output has been sent by email.
anonbeat

Problems with MTP device

Post by anonbeat »

Just pushed some changes to try to fix this. Can anyone test it and let me know ?

Thanks in advance
leigh

Problems with MTP device

Post by leigh »

Hi,

Not sure if this helps but I tried right click and 'copy to' just said '12 files copied in 0:00 seconds and nothing was copied.

I have 'copy to' path set at /run/user/1000/gvfs/mtp:host=%5Busb%3A002%2C004%5D/Card/Music/ and I had opened this phone external SD card through Thunar first.

I have:

Xubuntu 16.04
cat /etc/issue returns 'Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS \n \l'

Guayadeque updated yesterday via:
cd ~/guayadeque
git pull
./build
sudo make install
Help About says Version 0.4.1-757e8ff

I can:

Connect Samsung A3 2016 phone (screen lock open)
Open Thunar
Click Samsung
Takes a while then says 'cant mount' but opens at mtp://[usb:002,004]/Card/Music

Open Guayadeque
No portable device visible in sources pane

However, I can play content from File Browser /run/user/1000/gvfs/mtp:host=%5Busb%3A002%2C004%5D/Card/Music

But, if I don't access the phone SD card in Thunar first then there is nothing at /run/user/1000/gvfs in Guayadeque.

Also, if I start Guayadeque when file browser tab was already open in the previous session then I don't have access to the file system (there are a couple of My Music entries and Podcasts but no file tree, there is a list of root directories in the RHS pane but clicking on them does nothing), and I have to close the file browser tab, close Guayadeque, restart Guayadeque and reopen the File Browser to access the files through Guayadeque.

Hope this helps