problem with tags

General discussions
nikosal

problem with tags

Post by nikosal »

Hello,
I just installed and started to use guaya in ubuntu 13.10 and I have to say that I am impressed by the rich features (really!)

Now, it seems that either I don't quite understand what I will describe or there is actually something strange happening with the tags of two songs. I added a disk with 10 songs in my music folder and I asked quaya to rescan it, so it would automatically import it. The thing is, that two of the 10 tracks had come with a slight difference compared to the rest, in the album tag: A "and" instead of "&". So guaya put them in another disk. Right. I changed this easily in the guaya, but after a rescan the two tracks went back to the "other" disk. So I read a little around and found that there are apps that permanently change tags of tracks. I installed easyTAG and, yes, I easily changed the two tags, so they are now identical to the rest. But, still, after a rescan guaya takes the two tracks away and put them in the "other" disk. So, when I see the two tracks in guaya they appear to have the "and" (wrong) tag in "album title" and when I see them in easyTAG they appear to have the "&" (correct) tag!

You see my problem, what am I doing wrong?
anonbeat

problem with tags

Post by anonbeat »

Could you send me this two tracks please ?
nikosal

problem with tags

Post by nikosal »

Sure, in which way? They are 18 and 33 MB each and I think my gmail will only permit up to 15?
anonbeat

problem with tags

Post by anonbeat »

can you share it via google drive for example ?
nikosal

problem with tags

Post by nikosal »

Done, you have received invitation!
kinggo

problem with tags

Post by kinggo »

easyTAG, although great tool and my favourite one, has some serious issues with anything but letters and numbers.
Sometimes tags are not saved in a way they were edited.
I have "80's Pop" genre in guayadequ which doesn't exist in easyTAG drop down selector and there's no way to add custom ones. The problem is, sometimes songs would be saved with "80's Pop" as genre an sometimes as "Folk" as genre. At first I thought that I made a mistake but later I realised that it's actually a bug in easyTAG.

I'm aware that your issue is a bit different, but so just that you know about easyTAG bug.