Can't add path to music, guayadeque adds a path to "home/myu

General discussions
yoramdavid

Post by yoramdavid »

The title says it all, every time I try to add a path to my music which is located at "media/MULTIMEDIA/Audio" (NTFS partition), the path is not kept, instead a path to "home/myusername" is added.

I do as follows: Open properties, Collection tab, select my files, and click on the plus sign to add a path.

All was well until I changed my fstab with NTFS utility because I could not mount my internal hdd as user.
It did not work and reverted to the old fstab, since then I cannot open my collection inside Guayadeque.
I can play any track from the same location selecting play with/ Guayadeque.
yoramdavid

Post by yoramdavid »

I removed it with synaptic / complete removal and reinstalled it again.
It is the SVN 0.3.5 version.
kinggo

Post by kinggo »

can you please post your fstab config file from /etc

when you are adding a collection your partition should be mounted and later, it also should be mounted before quayadeque starts if it is not set to automount at startup.
yoramdavid

Post by yoramdavid »

The line where the music is (mounted at startup before guayadeque starts), on fstab is like this (hole file is anexed):

#Entry for /dev/sda1 :
UUID=61A60666D74790D6 /media/MULTIMEDIA ntfs defaults,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=udisks,rw,uid=1000,gid=100,dmask=022,fmask=133,windows_names,hide_hid_files 0 0

I partially solved the problem by editing the file "guayadeque.conf" and changing the path there, then in Guayadeque I hit rescan and it added the files again.
I still cannot add any new path in Guayadeque, even not "/home/music/

Thank you.
kinggo

Post by kinggo »

that is OK, UUID is a second line, # doesn't matter.
But I have to admit that all those NTFS stuff doesn't mean much to me, I never used NTFS on linux so......

But if you can add collection manually than the problem is something elese. Are you sure that you are doing it the right way? Stupid question, but if it works with manual editing it should work through GUI also.

You should go to preferences-collections. On the left side, under collections press + and give a name then confirm with OK. After that your new collection will be selected and you have to press + on the right side, under "paths". Choose a path. Then accept.
Then under Sources you should see that new collection, click it, click show and then rescan.
yoramdavid

Post by yoramdavid »

Hi,

It has a second line here as it does not fit, not on the actual file.

I did exactly as you said indeed.
Just was there now to try again, and I selected a random folder just to try, and it worked.
Deleted and tried with the folder I wanted, did not work ... wait a minute, I did something different: yes that is it, when selecting the path, if I double click the folder "music" I want to add, it does not work. If I just select it, then it works.
Some program need you to double click to enter it, this one seem not to like it.

Thanks anyway, solved the problem.
And sorry, I feel a bit stupid now.
kinggo

Post by kinggo »

yes, double click doesn't work. But it's quite obvious since double click opens that folder just like in any file manager.
yoramdavid

Post by yoramdavid »

Thanks for your help.
Double clicking shows all the folders inside to be imported, that is the logic I got.
Was wrong.
Regards.