Juan, just thank you!

General discussions
coski

Juan, just thank you!

Post by coski »

Hi Juan, I'm Julián from Argentina. I just wanted to post this to say thank you for Guayadeque. I just installed it like half an hour ago, and I already love it.
I've using Linux since about 2006, switching between mainly Kubuntu, Ubuntu, and Linux Mint, I prefer KDE, but I have used gnome and xfce also. In all this time, I also used and tried a variety of mp3 players, with a varying degree of satisfaction. My main preference was Amarok, in both versions, and later Clementine.
But I was never convinced with the "tree" library they both use. In windows, I always used winamp, and I was very comfortable with its library.
And I tried various other linux players that used the "3 panels" library style like winamp and guayadeque, but I was never convinced by the other features they offered, I like a complete and feature-full player, sometimes less is NOT more....
Amarok still was the best option, given the playlist, lyrics and devices features, but I always missed the winamp library! :P

I recently switched to Debian Testing, with KDE, and I installed the system to fit my own needs, meaning that I just installed the base command line system, and later I installed ONLY the packages I needed. When it came down to the player selection, in first place I opted for amarok, but I wasn't convinced, so I switched to Clementine (my girlfriend is a big fan of it) but, the same.... I was starting to resignate, until I came across Guayadeque....

You won me over mainly with the library, the lyrics tab (that later i found that can be rearranged to be always visible! cool!) and the smart playlist, but I really like the vast options, configurations and features, the high speed the library works and searches, etc

I could have written all this in spanish, I think you are from Spain right? but, I wanted that more people were able to read this hehe

So, just, thanks and keep the good work!

Regards
Julián
anonbeat

Juan, just thank you!

Post by anonbeat »

Thank you and welcome to guayadeque community.