Embedded Cover Art

General discussions
InspectorMustache

Embedded Cover Art

Post by InspectorMustache »

Hi,

I have all my cover art embedded into my music files so I would like to have Guayadeque retrieve it from there and only from there. However, I am having two problems with that:
1. Album art embedded into ogg files doesn't seem to be supported. Is this something that could be added?
2. When I hit "Search Covers" to populate the Album Browser view, it seems Guayadeque is downloading cover art regardless of the fact that there is already covers embedded into the file.

Thanks very much in advance!
kinggo

Embedded Cover Art

Post by kinggo »

I'm not sure for ogg but guayadeque will extract covers that you have embedded in your files and name them cover.jpg. If you already have a cover in folder but it's not named cover.jpg, guayadeque will still extract it from file and name it cover.jpg unless you set up words to detect covers in preferences.
anonbeat

Embedded Cover Art

Post by anonbeat »

InspectorMustache wrote:Hi,

I have all my cover art embedded into my music files so I would like to have Guayadeque retrieve it from there and only from there. However, I am having two problems with that:
1. Album art embedded into ogg files doesn't seem to be supported. Is this something that could be added?
2. When I hit "Search Covers" to populate the Album Browser view, it seems Guayadeque is downloading cover art regardless of the fact that there is already covers embedded into the file.

Thanks very much in advance!
Can you send me one or two files that guayadeque cant handle the covers please ?

Guayadeque extract the covers from the music files so I can provide the cover path via mpris to other programs. If you check the option to search for embedded covers i will try to extract the cover from the first file it finds in the folder and use that extracted file as the album cover.

Thanks for your help
InspectorMustache

Embedded Cover Art

Post by InspectorMustache »

Thanks for your replies and sorry for taking so long with mine.
I experimented a bit more with covers and I think I pinned down the problem more accurately.
While I have entire albums in separate folders, I also have one big folder for single music files of which I don't own the entire album. Cover retrieval for the album folders works fine as far as I can tell. However for the big folder Guayadeque creates a cover.jpg for the first file it reads. This results in only that one cover being visible in the album column of the library view. When I play a file from that folder the correct album art embedded into the file is still displayed, with the exception of ogg files. For those, Guayadeque displays the cover.jpg of the folder.
This happens for example with this file: http://ubuntuone.com/0d7MpmT6uptQKC9QWBWjmQ
(That song can be freely downloaded from the band's Bandcamp page so I think it's safe to include it here.)