Update album cover art

General discussions
mekanix

Update album cover art

Post by mekanix »

The update update cover art function in the menu "Library" doesn't work for me!
I have just add some new albums to my music folder, guayadeque start and update the library, then when I try to use the automatic "update cover" a 0/1 appear in the status bar (the album without cover are more then 1), the progress bar appear for a fraction of a second and the cover arts are not fixed in the album that miss them.
rickstone

Update album cover art

Post by rickstone »

Have you tried all the different provider options? Also, make sure that the album title doesn't have things like "disc 1" or anything other than the actual title listed in the box. I have to say that this is one of my very favorite features in Guayadeque.
anonbeat

Update album cover art

Post by anonbeat »

mekanix wrote:The update update cover art function in the menu "Library" doesn't work for me!
I have just add some new albums to my music folder, guayadeque start and update the library, then when I try to use the automatic "update cover" a 0/1 appear in the status bar (the album without cover are more then 1), the progress bar appear for a fraction of a second and the cover arts are not fixed in the album that miss them.
The automatic album cover download only tries to download covers from last.fm server. It will go each album without cover defined and try to find it using the tags to discover the cover and if something is found it will be saved into the album folder.

I wonder if when you just added some new albums did you updated the library first so that new albums are added to the library before running the automatic cover download ?

Thanks for your help
mekanix

Update album cover art

Post by mekanix »

Hi Anon

I have tried "update cover" both just after starting guayadeque after having added some new albums in the music folder (guayadeque find them at start up) and after manually updating the library... It doesn't work for me :(

It isn't strange that even if album without cover are more then 1, in the status appera 0/1 when I try to update the cover??
mekanix

Update album cover art

Post by mekanix »

A small update:

If I try to download the cover from last.fm manually (using the download cover feature), guayadeque find the cover without problem and can save it...

I think that in my case, for some reason, the automatic update folder doesn't recognize the albums without cover properly
anonbeat

Update album cover art

Post by anonbeat »

Can you try with revision 1345 and let me know ?

Thanks for your help
mekanix

Update album cover art

Post by mekanix »

Yep!!! Now it works!!! One last thing is that: when I manually update the cover, it is shown automatically in the album panel, after the automatic cover update this not happen, I have in some way to manually refresh the panel
anonbeat

Update album cover art

Post by anonbeat »

Ok I will try to fix that

Thanks for your help
mrmoonrocket

Update album cover art

Post by mrmoonrocket »

I have the same problem with no search results for album covers. I'm using 0.3.5 on Linux Mint 14. How can I get revision 1345?
anonbeat

Update album cover art

Post by anonbeat »

mrmoonrocket wrote:I have the same problem with no search results for album covers. I'm using 0.3.5 on Linux Mint 14. How can I get revision 1345?
That problem is because google changed the images page layout and now they dont give remote image urls. [s]I need to find out a way to get them or switch to another services[/s]
Found the way to get the image urls... [s]just need time to implement it... [/s]
Google engine fixed in svn 1888

Thanks for your help