Again gstreamer error audiosink playbackbin is not working o

General discussions
Nukem36

Post by Nukem36 »

Hello!

I have an OpenSuSE 12.3 system and want to use guayadeque (0.3.5 installed from rpm) with 2 soundcards installed. Card hw0:0 is the one guayadeque should use, but hw1:0 is used by guayadeque. I wanted to change the soundcard, so I changed in preferences output device to "alsa" and hw:0,0. Basically it works but when playing and changing to the next song in the queue i do receive serveral of this error:

"audiosink playbackbin is not working"

This happens ~20 times and suddenly guyadeque is playing a next song!?

OK I read in this forum that the plugins-alsa is the solution, but for opensuse I do not find such a package (ok lot of gstreamer stuff is already installed).

The funny thing is: when I switch to output device "automatic" the problem is gone, one song is played after the other, no error messages, all is perfect, but of course playing on the wrong soundcard (hw1:0)! Soundcard hw0:0 is the better one, so that's the reason why.....

I think that guayadeque is using gstreamer in general? So it might be really plugins-alsa? But where to find??

Thank's a lot for any suggestion!!

Regards
Nukem36
Nukem36

Post by Nukem36 »

Hello!

ok, I found out, that for OpenSuSE plugins-alsa is part of gst-plugins-base, so there should be no problem.

Regards
Nukem36
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Do you have alsa dmix installed ? you need dmix to allow to share the alsa device between different applications
Nukem36

Post by Nukem36 »

Hi!

yes, I read this several times in the forum. Dmix is installed.

Thank you
Nukem36
Nukem36

Post by Nukem36 »

Hi!

ok. I found out what the problem was. I did not succeed in using the alsa option in preferences, but found out why guayadeque used not the right (better) soundcard, what at least helped me to use guayadeque in practice now with the option "Automatic".

When a gstreamer application was called the first time the first alsa- soundcard is used as first soundcard (default card) within gstreamer. Before my problem occured this was the case, so somewhere this gstreamer-setup was stored. What I did to solve the problem is the following:

1. in systemsetting (use yast in openSuSE) change the sequence of the soundcards. The one you want to use in guayadeque should be in top of the list (card#0)

2. in your home-directory delete .cache/gstreamer-1.0/ directory. Here the soundcard information is stored. If this file is cant be found erase directory .gstreamer-0.10/ in yout home.

Now restart guayadeque, and voila! the desired card is used by gestreamer, and so by guayadeque.

Hope this helps somebody else.

And the most important: many thank's to anonbeat for this fantastic program and your work on it!!!! I use it now as replacement for prokyon3!

Regards
Nukem36
karsten

Post by karsten »

I'm getting this error also on opensuse factory. it happens when double clicking on an album in album view. the queue then gets populated and emptied several times with unrelated tracks, then the program eventually crashes with the above error in the console output. i think it's related to having smart play enabled? with it off it seems more stable.

I have audio output set to gstreamer default, which I have configured with gconf-editor to be alsasink device="hw:0,1" (so i can get bit-perfect optical output). I tried building the SVN but couldn't get all the dependencies resolved. couldn't find anything for libindicate or appindicator. thanks