Fed up with guayadeque

General discussions
fred

Fed up with guayadeque

Post by fred »

It's now 3 days since I began setting guayadeque
it won't work. I think I'll leave it alone and use other music players.
Open source software is better than commercial ones one the one hand, on the other, when
it doesn't work as expected. It is very frustrating.
Jazmine

Fed up with guayadeque

Post by Jazmine »

I understand your feeling. I tried really every Linux music player for my 20k track collection. Most of them fail right away and guayadeque was one of the very few that did well.

Well, after about a week, I am having problems. Yesterday guayadeque just disappeared but apparently it was still running in the background as I cannot launch anther one. So I rebooted the computer and re-launched guayadeque. It did launch but was frozen from the get-go and I can not click a single thing with it. I had to completely uninstall it, deleted the .guayadeque folder and re-installed it. For the time being, it is back to work but if it mis-behaves again, I have to use other layers as well.

Music player is the weak spot for otherwise very strong and stable Linux apps.
sven

Fed up with guayadeque

Post by sven »

I agree. Audio in linux is very fractured. It needs a lot of love and a broad view to mend.
kinggo

Fed up with guayadeque

Post by kinggo »

fred wrote:It's now 3 days since I began setting guayadeque
it won't work.
what version? From distro or from svn? And what "it won't work" means? It does'n start? It starts but doesn't play? Or you can't scan?
If you want some help than try to describe your problem. Recently I had this issue http://guayadeque.org/index.php?p=/disc ... 882#Item_3
Guayadeque isn't perfect but still is very usable and the most powerful player when it comes down to how many criteria you can set to play songs from your library.
Angus

Fed up with guayadeque

Post by Angus »

I love Guayadeque as it plays all classical material I prefer---except for buffering
which upsets me greatly as I will have to discard Guayadeque all-together.

Very sorry to have to write this. Robert Cameron.
kinggo

Fed up with guayadeque

Post by kinggo »

I agree on that part. Each time I copy some large data or decompress some archive or do whatever that keeps hard drive busy guayadeque starts skipping.
But I'm not ready to give up on it.