it should be
sudo apt-get remove guayadeque
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:anonbeat/guayadeque
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install guayadeque-svn
BongoTheBozo

'Import Files' doesn't do anything - 0.3.5

Post by BongoTheBozo »

That's mostly worked, but not all the way - I now get the dialogue box but I find that when I add files to the box the ok button remains greyed out so I still can't import.
BongoTheBozo

Post by BongoTheBozo »

When trying to import files via terminal I get the messages:

23:19:22: StatusChanged( 1, 0, 0, 0 )
23:20:41: OnCollectionCommand 13119 0 19 0
TagLib: ID3v2.4 no longer supports the frame type TDAT. It will be discarded from the tag.
TagLib: ID3v2.4 no longer supports the frame type TDAT. It will be discarded from the tag.

still no option to click ok.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

You must select the copy to option or add a new one. After that if there have been added files to import the accept button should be enabled.
BongoTheBozo

Post by BongoTheBozo »

That's great anonbeat, thanks. Guess I'm still getting used to guayadeque so I didn't think to need to select default as the copy to option as it was already displayed.
It's importing fine now,

Thanks
Fangorn

Post by Fangorn »

Hello,
I have the same problem under Ubuntu 12.04 LTS desktop freshly installed.

Once installed Guayadeque through Ubuntu Software Center I tried to import files, but nothing happens. No dialogue box appears.
Both the following actions do not work:

Sources --> My Music --> Import Files
Right click of the mouse from 'Library view' of 'My Music' tab --> Collection --> Import Files

I do not receive any warning though.
What am I supposed to do? Shall I remove Guayadeque with Ubuntu Software Center and reinstall it with apt-get as anonbeat suggests? Or 'apt-get remove' does the same job?

Are the following commands still valid?

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:anonbeat/guayadeque
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install guayadeque-svn

Will Ubuntu Software Center be updated after completion of the installation with apt-get?
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

You must add library paths to the default collection. Once you are set you can import music to the collection I bet what you are trying to do is let it scan your music collection so once you added the paths to the collection called "My Music" you can do a rescan on the collection to let it scan all the music files under the paths you selected.

Thanks for your help
Fangorn

Post by Fangorn »

Thanks anonbeat,
this is exactly what I wanted to do :)