2 possible bugs with Guayadeque 0.4.6- & feature request

General discussions
rizlaw

2 possible bugs with Guayadeque 0.4.6- & feature request

Post by rizlaw »

I've been using Guayadeque for a long time with Conky to display realtime nowplaying info. Since Guayadeque version of 0.3.5 and now with 0.4.6, I've encountered 2 problems (they may be Conky created - I'm not certain).

Problem 1: While the total time of a track is correctly displayed as hh:mm in Guayadeque, it is not in Conky. In Conky, total time is displayed as a decimal number. For example, 02:30 is displayed as 2500. (please see attachment 1 screenshot)

Problem 2: The progress bar in Conky displaying elapsed time of a track no longer works using the following Conky code:

Code: Select all

${execibar 1 ~/.conky/LJRThemes/conkyGuayadeque.py --datatype=PP}
It worked in earlier versions of Guayadeque. Not being a programmer, I can't determine if this is an error in the ConkyGuaydeque.py program (which is old and has never, to my knowledge, been updated by the individual who wrote the code) or a change in the way Guayadeque 0.4.6 coverts time from decimal to hh:mm:ss. (please see attachment 1 screenshot - long blue rectangular progress bar should fill with light blue as song progresses - it doesn't).

I have also attached the conkyquadeque.py program. If it helps to fix the problem.

Feature Requests:

1. In earlier versions of Guayadeque I was able to increase and decrease the size of the album art when I placed my mouse between albums, held down the "Ctl" key and used my scroll wheel to increase or decrease the size of the album art covers. Not sure if this was a feature of Guayadeque or Ubuntu + compiz. It would be great to have that ability again. Album art is too small on high dpi monitors.

2. The text underneath each album cover is slightly cut off and doesn't display well in Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS / Gnome.

3. The text on the left, underneath VU meters, displaying album/track/time info is VERY small on my 3440x1440 wide screen monitor. There is no way to make it larger without using scaling which doesn't work that well in Gnome at the moment. The ability to increase/decrease the font size would be a welcome addition.

Thanks for any help is resolving these issues.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
anonbeat

Re: 2 possible bugs with Guayadeque 0.4.6- & feature request

Post by anonbeat »

FIrst of all Thank you for your support.

I will take a look at the mpris problems and check where the problem comes from but I think it may be a conky script problem.

About the feature requests I will take note. For the 1st one it was a feature of compiz. I can still do it with alt+mouse-wheel scroll but I dont know if this is a feature of xubuntu.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Just checked the conkyGuayadeque script and there is a problem in the length parameter.

with this patch to the script you can solve it...

Code: Select all

if "time" in props:
                            length_seconds = props["time"] / 1000
                        else:
                            length_seconds = 0
I attach the script with a litle patch that adds a better time formating
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rizlaw

Post by rizlaw »

I just applied the patch and it works.

Thanks you so much for your time and your help. :D :D

Forgot to add screenshot of modified conky script (with your fix) showing a working progress bar and correct total track time in hh:mm.

It's unfortunate that folks who write these conky scripts for various music players don't keep them up to date. I guess they just lose interest over time.

Edit:

In my original post, I forgot to mention another little bug :?: in Guayadeque 0.4.x (at least running under Ubuntu 18.04. LTS / Gnome):

Unless you check "Force gapless mode" in the "Control" menu, playing an album(s) of multiple tracks causes the player to automatically stop after each track (as if you pressed the "stop" button). I was having this problem for weeks until one day I decided to activate the "Force gapless mode" and the problem disappeared. "Force gapless mode" is not on by default.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

rizlaw wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:36 pm I just applied the patch and it works.

Thanks you so much for your time and your help. :D :D

Forgot to add screenshot of modified conky script (with your fix) showing a working progress bar and correct total track time in hh:mm.

It's unfortunate that folks who write these conky scripts for various music players don't keep them up to date. I guess they just lose interest over time.

Edit:

In my original post, I forgot to mention another little bug :?: in Guayadeque 0.4.x (at least running under Ubuntu 18.04. LTS / Gnome):

Unless you check "Force gapless mode" in the "Control" menu, playing an album(s) of multiple tracks causes the player to automatically stop after each track (as if you pressed the "stop" button). I was having this problem for weeks until one day I decided to activate the "Force gapless mode" and the problem disappeared. "Force gapless mode" is not on by default.
Can you explain more about the last bug you report ? what mode are you using ? what kind of media ?

Thanks for your help
rizlaw

Post by rizlaw »

Can you explain more about the last bug you report ? what mode are you using ? what kind of media ?
I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean by "mode", but here goes:

As for the "mode" and "media", I am running Guayadeque in ALBUM BROWSER mode on my computer and playing back purchased Amazon mp3s and my CD collection ripped to FLAC format using dbPoweramp's CD ripper program under Crossover Linux.

This particular issue hasn't happened with any other media player I have installed: Quodlibet 4.2, DeaDBeef 1.8.0, Gmusicbrowser 1.1.15, HQ Player 3 and 4 and J.River Media Center 25 for Linux.

Also, is there a way to move the transport controls, VU meters and nowplaying track info to the right side of the program window and the album covers to the left side. I have a dual monitor setup and Guayadeque is on the left monitor so I have to turn my arthritic neck too far left to see the track title info which is a small font. :(
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

rizlaw wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:37 pm I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean by "mode", but here goes:

As for the "mode" and "media", I am running Guayadeque in ALBUM BROWSER mode on my computer and playing back purchased Amazon mp3s and my CD collection ripped to FLAC format using dbPoweramp's CD ripper program under Crossover Linux.

This particular issue hasn't happened with any other media player I have installed: Quodlibet 4.2, DeaDBeef 1.8.0, Gmusicbrowser 1.1.15, HQ Player 3 and 4 and J.River Media Center 25 for Linux.

Also, is there a way to move the transport controls, VU meters and nowplaying track info to the right side of the program window and the album covers to the left side. I have a dual monitor setup and Guayadeque is on the left monitor so I have to turn my arthritic neck too far left to see the track title info which is a small font. :(
I cant reproduce the problem here. If you can reproduce it please let me know how.
To help to drag the gui elements you need to activate the option View -> Show Captions
Once you have the lements in place you can hide Captions again in order to save screen space.

Thanks for your help
rizlaw

Post by rizlaw »

Interesting that you can't duplicate my problem. If I uncheck "force gapless" while playing a track, the player stops at the end of that track and won't play the next track.

If leave "force gapless" unchecked, close the player and reopen it, then load all the tracks of any album and start playing the first track, the minute the first track finishes playing, the player stops and won't play the second track.

If I do the reverse (leave "force gapless checked), close and reopen the player, select an entire album and start playing, all tracks play one after the other, no unexpected stopping. It does this every time. Go figure. :?

I'm wondering if performing in place upgrades of Ubuntu and also Guayadeque over the last 4 years or so may have caused some issue(s) in config files somewhere? In any event, keeping "force gapless" enabled solves the problem for me so I'm happy. Maybe it just a local issue for me.

Moving the elements around workout just fine. Again, many thanks for the help, particularly going the extra mile with Conky.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

rizlaw wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:09 pm Interesting that you can't duplicate my problem. If I uncheck "force gapless" while playing a track, the player stops at the end of that track and won't play the next track.

If leave "force gapless" unchecked, close the player and reopen it, then load all the tracks of any album and start playing the first track, the minute the first track finishes playing, the player stops and won't play the second track.

If I do the reverse (leave "force gapless checked), close and reopen the player, select an entire album and start playing, all tracks play one after the other, no unexpected stopping. It does this every time. Go figure. :?

I'm wondering if performing in place upgrades of Ubuntu and also Guayadeque over the last 4 years or so may have caused some issue(s) in config files somewhere? In any event, keeping "force gapless" enabled solves the problem for me so I'm happy. Maybe it just a local issue for me.

Moving the elements around workout just fine. Again, many thanks for the help, particularly going the extra mile with Conky.
Can you start guayadeque from console and reproduce the problem so you can send me to my email the log of the output please ?
btw, I dont think the problem comes from a config option you got over time...

Thanks for your help