Adding CUE support

General discussions
tamalet

Adding CUE support

Post by tamalet »

I just Clementine 1.0 to see how it handles my CUE file. It works fine, and it doesn't do the thing at the end of the file.
tamalet

Adding CUE support

Post by tamalet »

The latest version (1744) solves the problem, now it works really well. Great job anonbeat!
aia

Adding CUE support

Post by aia »

Reading the cue works fine for me. Great addition, thanks!
Any prospect of implementing the saving of tag edits back to the cue?
anonbeat

Adding CUE support

Post by anonbeat »

aia wrote:Reading the cue works fine for me. Great addition, thanks!
Any prospect of implementing the saving of tag edits back to the cue?
This was what I wanted at first but to be honest I havent seen much interest testing the cue support so I stopped working on it.
Manlord

Adding CUE support

Post by Manlord »

I hope I am not late on this!

The original CUE specifications can be read at CDRWIN user's guide. v3.8 (Appendix A): ftp://209.113.146.144/public_ftp/cdrwin.pdf
Other good source is HA wiki: http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Cue_sheet

Basically, there are two kinds of CUEs out there, compliant and no compliant with the above specifications. I would go to being able to read just compliant CUEs, that are the ones used with a cdimage.flac file. Something like foobar does.

I saw that Tamalet reported this as a bug: "Even when the CUE contains "REM GENRE Classical", the genre is set to Unknown." But its the expected behaviour and I wouldn't go for reading non-specification tags.

I have a few hundreds CUEs if you still need to see some.
anonbeat

Adding CUE support

Post by anonbeat »

I think that if the data is in the cue its better to use it. Its already implemented reading some metadatas.

Can you test the cue support within guayadeque ?
tamalet

Adding CUE support

Post by tamalet »

Unless it does something wrong I don't see why you shouldn't support those extra features. As anonbeat said, if the data is there, why not use it?
aia

Adding CUE support

Post by aia »

I am happy to test cue support
eko

Adding CUE support

Post by eko »

I just discovered Guayadeque as a player able to handle cue files and thus I installed version 0.3.5.
I have some problems with track infos containing accents (such as é or è). My locales are configured as UTF-8. The cue file is also encoded in UTF-8 and is correctly displayed by the Clementine player for example.
On the prompt I can read the following error :
(guayadeque:31099): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

Otherwise the soft seems very promising to my needs and I don't understand why I didn't find it earlier !
anonbeat

Adding CUE support

Post by anonbeat »

@aia: Welcome and let me know anything you find please.

@eko: Can you send me to anonbeat at gmail dot com some cue files that have problems ?

Thanks for your help