Does not start in Puppy Linux

General discussions
debaser

Post by debaser »

0.3.1 .deb installs but does not run. Roxterm says guayadeque: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I am new to Puppy. I have tried getting that file but cannot find a .deb and from my limited experience that probably won't work anyway.
The installed Pmusic just doesn't work in Puppy and Deadbeef is really slow indexing files.
I would really appreciate any advice to get guayadeque working in Puppy.
debaser

Post by debaser »

p.s. if you are going to ask me for 'debug' stuff as i have noticed on other posts please provide commands as I will have no idea what you are on about! :)
debaser

Post by debaser »

p.p.s oh and trying to get an svn to work in Puppy looks more difficult than getting to the moon, i really need a working .deb or patch suggestion for Puppy. ta.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

You are missing wxgtk-2.8 package. In ubuntu its libwxgtk2.8-0
debaser

Post by debaser »

Ok, I managed to find a pet for that. Now it says: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
So I found out how to run a dependency check and there are about 10 things missing so this is not going to work for me unless someone creates a .pet.
I know you cannot personally spend time packaging for distros Anonbeat, but it is a shame some of the more technically adept users that visit can't help out when you release new versions.
You have to expect problems in something like Puppy, but It's the same thing in Fedora which I also run. I used to use Ubuntu till the Unity car crash, it's a shame this is the only distro readily served by Guayadeque because it is the best player out there. Thanks for responding anyway.
666philb

Post by 666philb »

hi all
following a request from debaser. i've managed to get it up and running in puppy linux lucid. i can play tunes. but i can't click on anything in the file browser window.... links also don't work.
I've tried the debugger, but clicking on folders or links produces no output in the debugger.
does this need the gnome desktop enviroment installed?!
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

No it should be no problem without gnome. There are ppl using it in kde or xfce. You installed it with sudo make install ?
The first time the program starts it creates a conf file from the /usr/share/guayadeque/guayadeque.default.conf file. This file is placed there when you install.