What will be new in next Guayadeque

General discussions
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

I was thinking that one of the advantages of having collections is that if you have a very big library you can split it up. Then if you want to listen to music just within one collection you can disable the others and they won't use memory.

But for this to work smoothly, it's important to have an easy way to enable or disable a collection. Adding and configuring a collection each time would be a bit cumbersome. Unless there is no configurations at all (that wasn't clear from the screenshots: are the configurations global or per collection?), a checkbox to enable or disable a collection would be useful.
camaron

Post by camaron »

tamalet wrote: What's the difference (other than having a color) between these flags or marks and labels?
The the main difference is that labels are not visible. The idea is that you may want to flag an album/artist/song/composer as I kind of "I'll listen to it later/other day" or "this one is a candidate for delation" . The point is that you have a visual cue so when you scroll up and down your library you see them "standing out of the crowd".

A very neat way to do it would be coloring the fonts: If I flag an album, the album entry would be blue (an example).

On the other hand labels are more suited as a kind of complement to the tag "genre"
camaron

Post by camaron »

And talking about labels:

It would be a nice improvement to see label-editig integrated into the song editor. I don't know if there are plans for this.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

camaron wrote:
tamalet wrote: What's the difference (other than having a color) between these flags or marks and labels?
The the main difference is that labels are not visible. The idea is that you may want to flag an album/artist/song/composer as I kind of "I'll listen to it later/other day" or "this one is a candidate for delation" . The point is that you have a visual cue so when you scroll up and down your library you see them "standing out of the crowd".

A very neat way to do it would be coloring the fonts: If I flag an album, the album entry would be blue (an example).

On the other hand labels are more suited as a kind of complement to the tag "genre"
I think that your suggestion and labels have much in common, so instead of adding another concept I would prefer being able to assign a colour to a label. The only problem is that a song may have many labels. In that case it could take the colour of the last applied label.
camaron

Post by camaron »

tamalet wrote: so instead of adding another concept I would prefer being able to assign a colour to a label. The only problem is that a song may have many labels. In that case it could take the colour of the last applied label.
I agree that labels could somehow cover the case, but if labels were going to be used multiple colours couldn't be an option. Whatever way, the main point is to find a way to visually make certain items stand out of the others. This is what I think It could be implemented and be very useful.