Gdeque wont start up all of a sudden

General discussions
dnitious

Post by dnitious »

I tried opening gdeque today and the splash screen flicks on and off for a split second and then the program doesnt open. I tried installing with the svn and same issue and then installing with the ppn and same issue. gdeque was working fine everytime I updated it until today. Not sure whats wrong with it. I think the last time I updated it was a week ago but it was working fine. Only thing I can think of that has changed was I set up my gmail acct and lightning add-on for thunderbird. Thats the only thing I have done different on my laptop. Help please! Need my gdeque!
Josh
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Can you run it from console and post the console output please ?

Thanks for your help
dnitious

Post by dnitious »

04:28:35 PM: Initialized locale ( en_US )
04:28:35 PM: Error: guDbLibrary::ExecuteUpdate exception 'PRAGMA legacy_file_format=false; PRAGMA page_size=4096; PRAGMA cache_size=4096; PRAGMA count_changes=1; PRAGMA synchronous='OFF'; PRAGMA short_column_names=0; PRAGMA full_column_names=0;'
11: SQLITE_CORRUPT[11]: database disk image is malformed
04:28:35 PM: Error: guDbLibrary::ExecuteQuery exception 'SELECT name FROM sqlite_master WHERE type = 'table' AND name = 'Version';'
11: SQLITE_CORRUPT[11]: database disk image is malformed
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Your database is corrupt. You will need to delete it. If you have a backup you can restore it from it. Its located at ~/.guayadeque/guayadeque.db
dnitious

Post by dnitious »

will this delete my music from my hdd
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

No, it won't. It just removed the library and you'll have to add everything to Guayadeque again by doing a rescan, which may take some time. But you should not lose any files from this.
dnitious

Post by dnitious »

cool thanks
dnitious

Post by dnitious »

also, what kind of things make this happen. Is it something that I can prevent or maybe a song I downloaded?
camaron

Post by camaron »

dnitious wrote:also, what kind of things make this happen. Is it something that I can prevent or maybe a song I downloaded?
The very best thing you can do there is to backup your database regularly. In fact your whole .guayadeque folder. I do and has proved its worth more than once.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Most of the times this happens when guayadeque get closed without closing the database properly. This happens if you are not using gnome and shutdown the computer without close first guayadeque for example. With gnome that doesnt happen because guayadeque gets notified when its going to get shutdown and closes itself properly.

Thanks for your help