Just a couple of questions

General discussions
camaron

Post by camaron »

Hi anonbeat,

Just a couple of questions:

-Will you consider either to extent the search feature to include labels (or other metadata fields) or to implement multiple genres in the (near or not) future?

-Is it possible to tell guayadeque to display the artist and not the album artist underneath the album name?

Thanks in advance
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

The search feature should include an advanced option with some ticks where you can select which fields to search into. That is something that will come.

Right now Guayadeque shows the album artist if its not empty and the artist as the default one for the artist of the album.

If that is not the behaivour that ppl expect I can change it in no time. Maybe others can tell their opinion.

Thanks for your help
camaron

Post by camaron »

anonbeat wrote:The search feature should include an advanced option with some ticks where you can select which fields to search into. That is something that will come.
That will be worth waiting for :) I imagine then that guayadeque then will be able to search for labels and maybe some other metadata....
anonbeat wrote: Right now Guayadeque shows the album artist if its not empty and the artist as the default one for the artist of the album.

If that is not the behaivour that ppl expect I can change it in no time. Maybe others can tell their opinion.

Thanks for your help
I don't personally have use for Album Artist and I have sistematically removed the tag. The reason I ask is that since I have this (searchable) field empty in all my files I could as well use it for costume tags (the labels or multiple genres). I did some trials and then realised that they appeared as Album Artist information for the albums.... So I thought that giving preference to artist would do the trick. But I don't really want to impose this on other people. I imaging that if it shows Album Artist is because some people asked for this.

Thanks again
mekanix

Post by mekanix »

I'm a supporter of album artist under the album title.

I think this is the logical behaviour, artist is associated to the track whereas album artist is associated to the album.