Improvments on the Design

General discussions
spiftire

Post by spiftire »

As much as I love all the work put into bug fixing, new features and development on Guayadeque, I would love to see some improvments on the design of the player. For me all the nice features are great, but the look of the player also plays a part in the over all experience. There has been suggested different ideas for such improvments here on the forum. Just curious if there is any plan for improvments on this in the near future?
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Right now the player is going to be changed deeply. I dont want to advance the details for now as they are a work in progress right now.

Im not sure what changes you mean so if you can point some I can be more concrete if something is going to be included in the near future.

Thanks for your help
bigthinker

Post by bigthinker »

any thoughts on changing to qt? im not sure what the developmental benefits over gtk and qt4 are but from my basic understanding is qt if preferred and out preforms gtk.
spiftire

Post by spiftire »

Nice to hear. You are doing great suff already=)
I was thinking about these two in particular:
http://guayadeque.org/forums/index.php? ... ser#Item_2
http://guayadeque.org/forums/index.php? ... gui#Item_4

I think I've seen other contributes as well, but don't remember what they where called.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

bigthinker wrote:any thoughts on changing to qt? im not sure what the developmental benefits over gtk and qt4 are but from my basic understanding is qt if preferred and out preforms gtk.
Guayadeque does not use GTK, it uses wxWidgets. Changing the framework would require to rewrite most of the program.