Guayadeque in Maverick is unfortunately not working (for me)

General discussions
ronsens

Post by ronsens »

Hi,

first: I'm a big fan and have used the player without any problems in Lucid.

Now after I've done my installation of Maverick I noticed that Guayadeque is now in the repositories and was happy about it. But unfortunately Guayadeque is not working in my Maverick installation (there's version 2.7 - 1227), I can't get the thing to run properly. It shows a variety of malfunctions:

- if you create a playlist the player only plays each track for a few seconds and skips forward. Obviously this is connected to the crossfader function, because after I disabled it I was able to play a single track (but somehow still strange behaviour because the next track is already chosen when you play one song)
- you can't use some of the controls of the player (e.g. you can't jump around within the sound file)
- the player is crashing if you open sound files directly with it
- the player doesn't remember the layout you saved before

etc. etc.

Also I tried to install the SVN from the PPA but wasn't succesful (with the same issues reported here).

Sorry that I can't give you more specific information - please let me know what you would need to find out what's up here. As I haven't seen any other reports it seems that generally speaking there are no issues with Maverick for the most of the other users, so I'm asking myself what could be wrong with my installation.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Just updated to Maverick so I can do that tests. Ive heard of ppl using Maverick and guayadeque for months without problems but I will try.

Only one thing : Do you have installed gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad and gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly ?
Be sure you dont have fluendo-mp3 gstreamer plugin as that one seems to behave weird.

Thanks for your help and WELCOME aboard with us
ronsens

Post by ronsens »

Hi, thanks for the swift reply.

In fact I have had installed fluendo-mp3 gstreamer and removed it now.
Reinstalled all gstreamer-related packages including -bad and -ugly. Reinstalled Guayadeque from the repositories. And what should I say? - Works like a charm now :)

Thumbs up & thanks again for the help.

All the best, Roland.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Great news!!

Thanks for your help