Drag and Drop and NeroLinux

General discussions
fdm

Post by fdm »

---Tested on Ubuntu 10.10(Standard Gnome) and *buntu 10.04(Base system running IceWM), both being fully updated and have unmodified kernels.
---Tested with the lastest stable and SVN binaries of Guayadeque obtained via ppa.
---Tested with every version of NeroLinux that I could find that runs on modern Linux from 3.5.0.1 to 4.0.0.0

I have hit an unusual problem while trying to copy files from Guayadeque to NeroLinux. I find that drag and drop from Guayadeque works with all other programs I've tried, drag and drop from other media players to Nero works fine, but drag and drop from Guayadeque to Nero silently fails. The only error that came up is from Nero. This is the 4.0.0.0 build so I included NeroExpress as well.

(nero:12567): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_tree_view_scroll_to_cell: assertion `tree_view->priv->tree != NULL' failed
(neroexpress:7012): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_tree_view_scroll_to_cell: assertion `tree_view->priv->tree != NULL' failed

At first I thought I could just break on that function, see why it doesn't pass, and make an inline patch for the Nero binaries, but now I have no idea where to look for the fault. After trying to drag from every pane I know supports it and having a quick peek at your sources, I've started thinking that the problem could be in the libraries you make use of as well(or even in Neros'). I know I could probably get it to work if I patch in a different impl, but thought you'd likely know more of what could be going wrong and maybe even possible workarounds I can try(other than copying to a folder then to Nero).
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

But that warnings comes from Nero so there must be something wrong with it or maybe its a bug in wxWidgets drag and drop support.

I really dont know
fdm

Post by fdm »

Then I'll take some time to point those calls to a different lib. Thanks for your time, sir.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

I guess your best bet is to give that bug to NeroLinux support
fdm

Post by fdm »

Will do. I'd hate to get this bug reported to Nero just to be placed on a potentially endless low-priority queue, though. For this reason, I am looking into any options available to me. Seems that it should be fixable from both ends, one to make Nero more tolerant and the other to make wxWidgets follow the spec properly. Thinking about it more, it might not be feasible for me to make Guaya use an alternative library for it's functions that use drag and drop, I'll have to read up on that further. Throwing some extra logging into wxWidgets and looking for anomalies seems like the better route now, as I could pass any patch I make to the devs and never have it be a problem again.