No stable version in ppa for Natty

General discussions
DonkeyKong

Post by DonkeyKong »

I want to use guayadeque in Ubuntu 11.04, but the version in the repositories is 2.7 which doesn't have sound menu integration but that is more or less essential in Ubuntu Natty and I don't want to miss it. So I added the guayadeque ppa and tried to install version 2.9 using that ppa. As it turns out there is only the unstable guayadeque-svn in that repository. I am not very comfortable using an unstable development version so please add a stable version to that ppa for natty as well!
Thanks in advance!
mekanix

Post by mekanix »

Hi DonkeyKong! I'm using natty too. I install guayadeque and keep it updated using the svn version, it is stable and has more features than the official stable release.

http://guayadeque.org/forums/index.php? ... InstallSVN
DonkeyKong

Post by DonkeyKong »

I'm not sure you understand what I mean by "stable". A stable release is a release that is released as such by the developer. What you are referring to is an unstable development release. It may run without problems on your computer but that doesn't make it a stable release! I appreciate your help though!
I simply don't understand why there are stable releases in the ppa for karmic, lucid and maverick but not for natty…
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Because Natty was not released by the time the stable release was out.
DonkeyKong

Post by DonkeyKong »

Okay, I don't really understand that logic, but now that I have your attention: Will there be a stable version for Natty?
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Yes there will be but believe me that at this point its better to be using guayadeque-svn than the guayadeque package.