Guayadeque crashing on Ubuntu 11.04 Natty 32bit

General discussions
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

I just commited a patch in revision 1641 that should fix this problem. Please test it and let me know

Thanks for your help
Tronic

Post by Tronic »

I didn't get a notification for yours answers and so I saw them just today, when I looked for them. But now I've changed my account preferences and hope in the future it will work ;-)

I checked out revision 1643 from SVN and built then new version. After installing it everything now works fine again. Thanks for your pretty fast reaction and fix!

That's just one more reason why Guayadeque ist the best music player on Linux.
vincentertainment

Post by vincentertainment »

Hi, I've had trouble with Guayadeque crashing since upgrading to Natty Narwhal on 2 different machines. On one machine, reinstalling from Synaptic seemed to fix problem. On the machine I use more, it didn't.
I'm new to bug reports, so if someone could walk me through the process that would be great. I'm seeing a lot of code and something about about 'backtrace.' Is this a terminal command?
Thanks for writing a great program. Best media-player since musicmatch jukebox.
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

First of all run guayadeque from the console and post the output when starts and crash.
Then install gdb
sudo apt-get install gdb
and run guayadeque using gdb from a console
gdb guayadeque
Once the program crashes go back to the console and type bt and report the output given by gdb.

Thanks for your help
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

vincentertainment wrote:Hi, I've had trouble with Guayadeque crashing since upgrading to Natty Narwhal on 2 different machines. On one machine, reinstalling from Synaptic seemed to fix problem. On the machine I use more, it didn't.
I'm new to bug reports, so if someone could walk me through the process that would be great. I'm seeing a lot of code and something about about 'backtrace.' Is this a terminal command?
Thanks for writing a great program. Best media-player since musicmatch jukebox.
What version of guayadeque are you using? Don't use the one in Natty's repository, install the one from anonbeat's repository. See http://guayadeque.org/forums/index.php? ... InstallPPA
vincentertainment

OK, I'm running version 0.2.7-1227. I installed gdb. and ran the command "gdb guayadeque". That didn't launch Guadequque though. Was it supposed to?
I launched Guayadeque using the application launcher. It hasn't crashed yet. If or when it does, will typing "bt" in the terminal window with gdb running give me the output to post here?
I also took tamalet's advice and added the guayadeque repository. I haven't upgraded my version yet to see if I can get this backtrace data first, but synaptic does show guayadeque as needing to be updated.
hayesti

Post by hayesti »

after you've typed "gdb guayadeque" make sure you type "run" otherwise nothing interesting will happen. Good luck :-)
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

Please dont use 0.2.7. I wont fix anything on this version as its old. Please install the version from my ppa. I recomend you to install the guayadeque-svn package.

Thanks for your help
anonbeat

Post by anonbeat »

vincentertainment

Ok, after adding the Guayadeque repository and upgrading, everything is running great.