How to: Recover Discussions Lost Recently via Google

General discussions
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

Figured this might help for some things people were discussing, or the team here, so everythings not forgotten. I'm sure some of you already know this, but for those that dont:

Step 1, go to google.com
Step 2, type in as follows, site:guayadeque.org l300lvl
Step 3, Put in whatever username you like, or for instance the title of the topic you wish to retrieve, search, and viola!

Hope this helps!
camaron

Post by camaron »

I didn't know how to use google to search a site, thanks :) The lost pages are still in cache, probably won't last though. I'm just very glad that we hadn't updated the online documentation yet.
l300lvl

Post by l300lvl »

camaron wrote:I didn't know how to use google to search a site, thanks :) The lost pages are still in cache, probably won't last though. I'm just very glad that we hadn't updated the online documentation yet.
Gladly.

No they won't last long in most cases 2-3 weeks, but I would not take the chance of losing anything forever. And thanks for pointing that out, I forgot a step in there, you have to click the 'cache' link on the post you'd like to see, sorry if I caused any confusion.

Does that mean an update to the documentation is coming soon? It would be nice to see more on iPod/Media player compatibility, I also have a feature request regarding this but that deserves its own topic. You should include the saving layouts feature as well, I'm guessing this is still being expanded on though.
camaron

Post by camaron »

l300lvl wrote:Does that mean an update to the documentation is coming soon? It would be nice to see more on iPod/Media player compatibility, I also have a feature request regarding this but that deserves its own topic. You should include the saving layouts feature as well, I'm guessing this is still being expanded on though.
The most up to date documentation is the pdf manual which you can download here:

http://guayadeque.org/uploads/manual/Gu ... Manual.pdf

The links to this (and the post announcing it) is one of the things that have gone missing. I have to put them back on.

I'm afraid the bit on ipods/players is not very complete at all as I don't use them. If you want/can/fancy/ improve/add to the documentation you are more than welcome.

As for the on-site documentation, I'm away now for two weeks. Hopefully I'll catch up with that when I come back.

The layouts feature is completed and very good. There is not much to explain though: you can save any/multiple layouts and change them any time from the menu. Not need to restart guayadeque.

Cheers