Site Was down

General discussions
bigthinker

Site Was down

Post by bigthinker »

Today the site had a few hiccups which resulted in some lost data. The site has been restored from the 23rd of March, if you registered after this date we ask that you please re-register. If you posted something after that date and its now missing and you still need assistance, please repost your question. We apologize for the inconvenience and have fixed any outstanding issues.

~Guayadeque
bigthinker

Site Was down

Post by bigthinker »

Documentation is are restored
l300lvl

Site Was down

Post by l300lvl »

That hurts. It's nice to see everything back to normal though, but there was so much being discussed that I only hope isn't all forgotten.
camaron

Site Was down

Post by camaron »

What did actually happen bigthinker? some information would be welcome
bigthinker

Site Was down

Post by bigthinker »

There was an internal bug that causes the configuration of the site to go... bad. Its a known issue that is being addressed and should be fully fixed soon. The occurrence of this bug is from what i understand rare, myself and anonbeat have an action plan to insure the site has daily backups to prevent any loss of content in the future.

on the positive side, this bug we experienced may help to fix the issue on the cor app, so we have in some ways helped the development process inadvertently by experiencing the bug and proving it exists, and providing some examples and bug reports to assist.

Also, there are some new features to the site that are coming soon that im certain everyone will enjoy. And as always, guayadeque keeps getting better and better.
camaron

Site Was down

Post by camaron »

bigthinker wrote:on the positive side, this bug we experienced may help to fix the issue on the cor app, so we have in some ways helped the development process inadvertently by experiencing the bug and proving it exists, and providing some examples and bug reports to assist.
That's a very nice justification for martyrdom... ;)

Thanks for the explanation.