Saving layouts

General discussions
camaron

Saving layouts

Post by camaron »

Hi Anonbeat, just back home and checking for any svn update and I find the very nice surprise that you can now fully save layout. I've been waiting for this for ages... thanks for a very nice improvement.

Here is my first saved layout :) https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/s ... directlink
anonbeat

Saving layouts

Post by anonbeat »

Now in svn revision 1530 the saving layouts have changed again.

Im sorry but the old layouts created will need to be recreated.
Now the layouts will be saved as xml archives into the ~/.guayadeque/Layouts folder.

Now it will be saved the window size and position and also which panels you had enabled in library, radios, playlists, podcasts, ...

Please test it and let me know

Thanks for your help
tamalet

Saving layouts

Post by tamalet »

Great job anon!

I imagine that now it will be possible to exchange layouts right? In that case you should have some place in the site you people can send their layouts.

I noticed that it still does not save which columns are open in the library and their widths. I'd love to see that happening at some point.

Also I would add some kind of version in the XML file in case you do changes to the structure in the future.
camaron

Saving layouts

Post by camaron »

tamalet wrote:Great job anon!
I imagine that now it will be possible to exchange layouts right? In that case you should have some place in the site you people can send their layouts.
Yes, that'd be good, screenshots and associated xml files.
anonbeat

Saving layouts

Post by anonbeat »

I noticed that it still does not save which columns are open in the library and their widths. I'd love to see that happening at some point.

Also I would add some kind of version in the XML file in case you do changes to the structure in the future.
You mean columns in the tracks listbox ? I guess This can be added too

Thanks for your help
tamalet

Saving layouts

Post by tamalet »

Yes, like Artist, Rating, etc.
Usually when I change the layout I change which columns are visible and their widths.
camaron

Saving layouts

Post by camaron »

Thumbs up anonbeat, it is now working very well. As far as I know this is the only linux player with this kind of functionality. To round it off it would be very nice to be able to give them keyboard shortcuts, but It might no be even possible, given they are quite a moving target?
anonbeat

Saving layouts

Post by anonbeat »

tamalet wrote:Yes, like Artist, Rating, etc.
Usually when I change the layout I change which columns are visible and their widths.
Please try with revision 1533 and let me know

Thanks for your help