Problem on playback

General discussions
PaulHA2

Problem on playback

Post by PaulHA2 »

Hey there.

Love the player, I really do. Got one problem -- running 10,04, and when on shuffle on the whole library (22,000 songs or so) every 5 songs or so, sometimes more, it will play 8 seconds or so of a song, and then cut off and start another. I have crossfade times set to zero. Any other info you need to diagnose?
anonbeat

Problem on playback

Post by anonbeat »

run it from console and post the output. Be sure you are not using gstreamer fluendo mp3 package as its not very good.

Thanks for your help
PaulHA2

Problem on playback

Post by PaulHA2 »

Is this what you mean re: running from console/post the output? (I'm very much a nOOb re: Ubuntu):

10:21:12 PM: Deleted stale lock file '/home/polarbear/.guayadeque/.guayadeque-polarbear'.
10:21:12 PM: Initialized locale ( en_US )
10:21:12 PM: Library Db Version 21
10:21:12 PM: Library Paths:
10:21:12 PM: /home/polarbear/Documents/Music/
10:21:12 PM: 0000018B
10:21:17 PM: Updating the podcasts...

What other MP3 package would you recommend?

Thanks,

-p.
anonbeat

Problem on playback

Post by anonbeat »

that dont shows any problem. Can you check if the songs that faults are always the same type ? maybe wma files ?
I posted in the 'bad codecs list' thread a list of the gstreamer plugins I have installed and working fine.
Thanks for your help
PaulHA2

Problem on playback

Post by PaulHA2 »

I'm back. Yes, always WMA. Also, here's the weird bit: The song that gets cut off does not appear on the player playlist. In other words, let's say the playlist (always when on shuffle, and always when I'm playing my whole library, remember, not when I'm using a programmed playlist) is playing a Wilco song, and the next one on the schedule is a Grateful Dead song, a Louis Armstrong song (WMA) that is not scheduled to show up any time soon sort of bumps the line, plays for 10 seconds, and then goes away. The the Dead song that was supposed to play comes on and plays no problem. (This is what exactly just happened).

Thanks for the help...
anonbeat

Problem on playback

Post by anonbeat »

Can you send me your ~/.guayadeque/guayadeque.conf file to anonbeat at gmail dot com ?

Thanks
PaulHA2

Problem on playback

Post by PaulHA2 »

on its way.