Select cover location

General discussions
tamalet

Select cover location

Post by tamalet »

When you choose Select cover location you get a windows called Select Cover File where you can write the path to the cover or click a button to invoke a Nautilus open dialog. I always click the button, select the cover, click OK and then I have to click OK again on the Select Cover File window.
Why not directly open the Nautilus dialog on the folder of the album? You can always write the path there too if that's what you want, but I doubt anyone does that, and it will save you two clicks.
anonbeat

Select cover location

Post by anonbeat »

Its that way so you can paste an url to download the cover from a specific url.

what I will do is if you select to open the dialog once this is closed the other window will close too.

Thanks
tamalet

Select cover location

Post by tamalet »

Ohh, I didn't know you can paste a URL. But does anyone do that? I mean, if you have the URL you can just save it with an Internet browser.
But at it will be one click less now :)
Thanks!
mekanix

Select cover location

Post by mekanix »

I didn't know this feature too! I used it after reading this post and personally I like it!

A cool feature about cover could it be to right click on an image opened for example in firefox/chrome/or whatever and then right click on an album and in the menu click on (for example) "paste cover"
anonbeat

Select cover location

Post by anonbeat »

Just commited a change that makes when selecting a file auto close the previous dialog automatically too so dont need to press twice accept.
camaron

Select cover location

Post by camaron »

anonbeat wrote:Just commited a change that makes when selecting a file auto close the previous dialog automatically too so dont need to press twice accept.
I wish I'd had this when I had to select manually a few thousand covers not that long ego....
tamalet

Select cover location

Post by tamalet »

Can I ask why you had to select so many covers manually?
If I had to do it for many covers I would just rescan the library. That's of course assuming that all the covers have the same name and that you only have that name on "Words to detect covers".