Welcome to the new Guayadeque website

General discussions
bigthinker

Post by bigthinker »

As you can see, we have set up a personal web page for the Guayadeque project. The project since its launch has been growing at a fast rate, and to properly expand support and development this was our next step. With that said we welcome you to the site, and look forward to future discussions and contributions from all.
bigthinker

Post by bigthinker »

justthink wrote:Love guayadeque, and i love the new site. Great job!
Glad you like it, welcome to the site.
Garthhh

Post by Garthhh »

Apparently there is no room for an open exchange of ideas here.
BT has closed 2 discussions down
The reason I asked the question about the benefits of having an "official" site are, in an effort to get some idea of the reasoning behind some of the decisions being made,
which for all I know, could be perfectly valid

as of now there is no help files on the player, the wiki here is nonexistent
the documentation is a large block of brown text, which appears to have been pulled verbatim from the wikidot site with no attribution?

I do understand that this is a work in progress

I'm certainly not seeing an environment of cooperation & collaboration here
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

Hi Garthhh,
I'd like to give my opinion.

You're right that threads should not be closed. It has been discussed an won't happen again unless it's really necessary.

I think that we can agree that the Ubuntu forums are not the best place to give support and bug tracking. It has been really helpful, more than I thought it could be, but as the user base grows the need for a dedicated forum becomes more obvious.

I don't know why you are against the word "official". This is the place where anonbeat, the only developer of Guayadeque, prefers to give support. And note that I say "prefers", he has said that he will continue to give support in other forms (Ubuntu forums, mail, chat, etc), but this is the way is best for him to track. And if he says he prefers this site, I will collaborate on this site.
Of course, everyone is free to get support wherever they want.

As you said, this is work in progress. There is a (rough) manual now with videos and more things are coming.

Why do you say that there is no cooperation here. Have you tried to collaborate? I just said that I wanted to help, and I got permission to edit. I have been editing the manual since then.

I have tried to stay out of the discussion because some people seem to take it personal, but I really don't see the point. It is clear that everyone can look for support wherever they want, everyone can write about Guayadeque and have their own site if they so desire, but this is the place that the developer prefers. I just don't see the problem.
Garthhh

Post by Garthhh »

having threads closed down, sure isn't making me feel welcome...
I asked some questions [not just here] & was shut down [or ignored]
Garthhh

Post by Garthhh »

bump
camaron

Post by camaron »

Garthhh wrote:having threads closed down, sure isn't making me feel welcome...
I asked some questions [not just here] & was shut down [or ignored]
You -like everyone else- are welcome here to report bugs, suggest improvements, help your peers to clarify their doubts and in general offer your help to the project.
tamalet

Post by tamalet »

About the closed threads I thought I was clear:
"It has been discussed an won't happen again"

Feel free to ask whatever you want, but I personally won't engage in any discussion about the benefits of an "official" site or anything like that. I already explained my position about that.